Failure in Firmware of TL-SG2428P with PoE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-07 08:52:10 - last edited 2023-08-07 09:36:33
Tags: #PoE #Bug
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: TL-SG2428P(UN)_V4_4.0.6 Build 20230602

Hi together,
I just bought a TL-SG2428P for my office. Apart from the fact that the installed fans are an imposition in terms of volume, there are problems with the current firmware. 
Immediately after installation, I upgraded from the factory version 4.0.1 to TL-SG2428P(UN)_V4_4.0.6 Build 20230602 and then rewired my network. Then after the switch went live, my two PoE cameras (Reolink RLC-520A) stopped running. I couldn't explain this, because they were previously connected to a PoE injector from TP-Link and ran perfectly. So I went troubleshooting, dismantled the cameras, connected directly to the switch with a Cat 7 cable (length 15cm), without success, the cameras no longer ran. 
The switch offers the possibility to start a diagnosis. In the diagnosis then came out funny messages: 

Pair A: OpenShort
Pair B: OpenShort
Pair C: Short
Pair D: Short

Seemed strange to me, they had worked quasi 1 minute before. So I changed the port, from port 13 to port 20 and the errors were suddenly different, although I only changed the port.

Pair A: Normal
Pair B: Crosstalk
Pair C: Crosstalk
Pair D: Short

And I only changed the port... everything somehow couldn't start, so today I rebooted the whole box with the backup image (firmware 4.0.1) and lo and behold: everything works flawlessly, the cameras go online immediately and run flawlessly. So there must be a problem with the 4.0.6 FW - however the error messages are misleading. 

Maybe it will help you to find the bug and fix it. Greetings

Options
5 Reply
Re:Failure in Firmware of TL-SG2428P with PoE
2023-08-07 08:56:09
As I just noticed, the fans with the old firmware are not as strong and loud as with the new one. It seems as if the new fans do not clock down after the switch starts, but simply continue to run at 100%. The fans are much quieter with the old firmware.
Options
2023-08-08 08:42:29

Hi @SanGerHI 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you export your backup? I'll follow up on your case by email and will inform you of the ticket number in the next reply.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-08 08:50:28

Hi @SanGerHI 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230813733, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-12-07 20:06:15

@SanGerHI 

We have a TL-SG2428P that is having similar issues.

PoE devices function correctly on another PoE switch (GS348P) but they fail using the same cables (3ft) on our TL-SG2428P.

Device in question: Adafruit 3785 (PoE to network/USB power splitter module).

Any help is much appreciated.

Options
2023-12-08 01:15:43

Hi @dsCOURT 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

That might be a problem with the device. Incompatibility.

Why my PoE powered device cannot work properly when connected to the PoE Switch?

Number 4 might answer the reason why.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 989

Replies: 5

Tags

PoE
Bug
Related Articles