Unexpected radius request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-09 04:26:49
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.9.31

I enabled Mac-based authentication for WPA-Personal. The wifi clients work okay. However, when checking freeradius log file, I saw some unexpected requests from an unknown mac address: 
Auth: (333) Login incorrect (Failed retrieving values required to evaluate condition): [da-19-17-xx-yy-zz/da-19-17-xx-yy-zz] (from client Omada port 1 cli da-19-17-xx-yy-zz)

The mac address: da-19-17-xx-yy-zz doesn't match the mac address of EAP670, nor does it match the mac address of any wifi client. Where does this Mac address come from?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unexpected radius request
2023-08-10 06:09:32

@hyi 

Does it try to connect the SSID in high frequency? This log looks like this device connection failed. Is it affecting your network?

Tried to close the privacy MAC on the client devices.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Unexpected radius request
2023-08-10 12:43:02

@Virgo  Thanks for your feedback. EAP670 is in a test environment. I only setup a single device to connect to EAP670.  The mac address of the device showed up in radius server log correctly. In the meantime, this particular mac address: da-19-17-xx-yy-xx also showed up in radius server log. There is no device with that mac address in my setup. Privacy MAC setting has been turned off. BTW, I have a Unifi AP uses the same radius server and in the same lab. da-19-17-xx-yy-xx never showed up in Unifi requests, which mean da-19-17-xx-yy-xx was not from any Wifi device.

Options