OC200 + ER605 - Features Request ASAP!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-13 00:46:24 - last edited 2023-08-17 05:56:46

As per my other threads......  about abandoning TP Link over their gaslighting support........  I have since turned off my entire TP Link network and flicked to ASUS to trial now.

And what I have learned is what TP Link needs to ADD NOW to the existing stuff.

0.  Stop the modem dropping connections when editing port forwards, adding firewall or other rules.  (ASUS DOES NOT DO IT AS DON'T ALL OTHER MODEMS)

1.  Show total connections on the modem ACTIVE vs WAITING/TIMING OUT....

2.  A complete LIST of active connections IP In/Out, Ports In/Out.  (as available on the ER605 when not using OMADA!)  ADD IT TO OMADA!

3.  A list of dropped connections (real time and logged) so you can see what the firewall is dropping,  IP, Packet Size, Port Maybe.... where it was going IP! eg just to the wan ip or a port forward to be directed etc.

3.  Custom DNS added as an option to Static IP.

4.  Stateless vs Stateful.  The ability to set port or rules/ranges etc to select if they are stateful or stateless (default being stateful) to improve gaming latency by setting a wide range to stateless to reduce CPU time.

5.  The entire QoS removed.  You do not divide up internet.  You set minimum guarantee's.  I want to be able to create CUSTOM RULES and set minimum bandwidth guarantees' which should work with the bandwidth control system as well.

6.  Unles your going to make that GEO MAP work without a 3rd party API you need to pay for, I suggest you remove it.

7.  Fix the QoS packet tagging so it works, Fix the Bandwidth Control so it WORKS.

8.  Fix the boot time.  

9.  Perhaps prevent lockout of the ER605 when it's under the control of Omada so you can use the extra features on it not yet available on the Omada firmware since TPLink for whatever reason can't seem to release things together.

10.  FIREWALL FIREWALL FIREWALL.

Firewall.  Like anything ENTERPRISE or BUSINESS ........  VPN shouldn't EVER be the DRAW to this......... It should be FEATURE LIST, packed........  one of those being FIREWALL!  The ability to see all the details of the traffic in and out, the ability to block single IP's to stop them coming in AT ALL from the WAN, IP RANGES.......  and the new one is we need to block COUNTRIES!  All day long our connection is constantly bombared by lots of countries we just don't need traffic from.

I will continue to run off my ASUS now..........  getting fed up waiting for TPLink to sort themselves out.  You seem to have this focus on expanding your product before you've fixed the CORE of the products.  How long has the ER605 had a live active connection list never been added to Omada........  Stop expanding, just stop.......  fix the basics first.

I will sit and keep an eye on the forums and wait to see if anything changes but if within 3 months all this has not been sorted I will pack up all my TP Link gear and sell it never to return knowing you just couldn't get it done.

You want to learn something........  like I said go buy a ASUS AX3000 or something along that line, I am running 388.2_2_0-gnuton1_tuf custom firmware on it because like TPLink ASUS has alot of features locked out.... that the firmware unlocks.  Look at how their Adaptive QoS works, look at their connection lists........  

I have attached some screen shots those engineers should be looking at VERY CLOSELY to add to Omada and the ER505/Routers combinations.

Firewall........  better rules system needs to be added again where it doesn't STOP THE NET when adding IP's.  I want to be able to just see active connections/dropped IP's etc and have a button add to block list or something....    I added a screen shot and a file with more.

File:
ASUS Feature Screenshots.rarDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200 + ER605 - Features Request ASAP!
2023-08-15 01:09:03 - last edited 2023-08-17 05:56:46

Hi @MrHC1983 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unfortunately, we have learned that there are so many aspects of Omada router that cannot meet your expectations. We have been doing our best to optimize our iterative products and hope to meet the needs of different customers and satisfy them. The issues and requirements you provided have been forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation.

To be honest, for the resolution deadline you provided, if it is a non-critical issue, the feedback volume is not significant, and it is not essential for large-scale commercial scenarios, the priority may not be as high. If the issues or requirements listed above are very important and critical in your network, you look forward to resolving/adding support as soon as possible. We suggest that you seek other solutions as soon as possible.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:OC200 + ER605 - Features Request ASAP!
2023-08-15 01:18:29 - last edited 2023-08-17 05:56:46

@Clive_A No problem.  100% Completely understand.

I went and grabbed another ASUS, turned all the TPLink stuff off and it's basically solved all the things I was missing.  Going gang busters with ASUS's Adaptive QoS, managing the traffic perfectly.

Had the TPLink just had a proper QoS/Bandwidth Management system without massive lag......... I would have kept using it despite features but it wasn't any good.

I'll keep an eye on the forums from time to time, as I said if nothing comes out to fix the main things all networks, all business enterprise, homes......... need which is proper traffic management I'll just sell the gear.

Also uses less power for the same task so yeah.  Again no need to reply to this, you've said what you needed.

Options