About Banner MOTD command

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-17 10:20:14 - last edited 2023-08-25 06:47:56
Tags: #CLI
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.0.11

Hello !

How can I use the "banner motd" command, which is available in the latest firmware update ? It seems it only works on telnet sessions. I would like to make it work on SSH sessions !

Thank you very much

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:About Banner MOTD command-Solution
2023-08-22 01:23:39 - last edited 2023-08-22 01:23:46

Hi @maga998 

If that's the case, you've got hundreds of these two models, I bet you have got them from our local company and have an assigned salesperson to follow up on anything you have. Then, you can contact the salesperson from your country. And propose what you needed. They'll help you get it done. Probably customize for you.

From my end, I am not gonna send any further feedback to the team.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:About Banner MOTD command
2023-08-18 01:54:04 - last edited 2023-08-18 05:44:29

Hi @maga998 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Sorry that I don't find any details about this in our CLI User Guide.

Update:

Found that this is new in the release note of 2.0.11.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-18 04:01:04

@Clive_A 

Yes, the command was enabled in the latest firmware. It would very useful if it worked in SSH sessions.

Options
2023-08-18 05:40:23 - last edited 2023-08-22 01:23:44

Hi @maga998 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Will send your feedback to the dev team for further evaluation. Thanks for your feedback. smiley

At this moment, please use telnet for that command if you need.

Options
2023-08-18 11:49:23

@Clive_A 

Thank you, we have a fleet of several hundred business switches (TL-SG3210 V3 and TL-SG3428 V2) and we really need this feature to work, 

Thank you again.

Options
Re:About Banner MOTD command-Solution
2023-08-22 01:23:39 - last edited 2023-08-22 01:23:46

Hi @maga998 

If that's the case, you've got hundreds of these two models, I bet you have got them from our local company and have an assigned salesperson to follow up on anything you have. Then, you can contact the salesperson from your country. And propose what you needed. They'll help you get it done. Probably customize for you.

From my end, I am not gonna send any further feedback to the team.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 5

Tags

Related Articles