Let's Break the Ice - Get Started with Introducing Yourself!

2023-08-22 08:56:17 - last edited 2023-10-08 06:10:51

Welcome to the TP-Link Business Community! We’re so glad you’re here.

Whether you have been part of the vibrant TP-Link Community for years, are brand new, or simply want to expand your network, you’ve come to the right place.

Getting to know your peers and networking with the right people provides some of the greatest value that we can all receive from a community like this. But it's hard to know who to connect with unless you know who’s here. Here’s how it works:

Introduce Yourself

Simply click the Reply button on the main board page to introduce yourself by sharing:

• A bit about yourself and your work.

• Your TP-Link products, Application Scenario, and Network Layout.

• Any experiences you've had with TP-Link products (if applicable).

• Your expectations for the community.

Tips: Feel free to include any of the above information in your Signature, this may enhance communication efficiency, foster mutual assistance, and promote better cooperation!

Welcome other Community Fellow Members

Take a moment to read through the new introductions of your fellow community members periodically to get to know new members, say hello to them, give kudos, and wish them a warm welcome.  You can also ask follow-up questions, or point them to community forum resources to help guide them on their journey with TP-Link.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
5 Reply
Re:Let's Break the Ice - Get Started with Introducing Yourself!
2023-08-31 12:45:13
Hi, I am passionate software developer specializing in creating cutting-edge solutions for retail furniture software. AI enthusiast harnessing innovation to transform the retail furniture experience. Let's shape the future together!
Options
2023-09-01 19:30:21

Been in Corporate IT for 15 years.  Worked for Ubiquiti (KimchiGUN and UI-JaM) for a period of time.  Got Laid off during COVID.  Back to corporate IT.  Over all 20 years in the game.  

Felt burned by UI, so I ditched them and searched for a viable vendor for my home, work, and my side clients (future clients).  Found Omada and been using it ever since!

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-12-18 04:54:58

Hello all -

I own and operate my own tech company in Colorado that's been around since 2014. I design, engineer, install, configure and maintain basic and complex networks in homes, MDU's, and commercial complexes, businesses and government facilities. I also build and design theaters, wire homes and businesses, design and configure automation systems, design/install/troubleshoot SMATV systems and other advanced headends. I've been in my field of work professionally since 2003, and as a hobby in my early youth since 1993.

Part of what I do with my business is build versatile and flexible networks for my clients - particularly those with large properties or heavy bandwidth demands. SDN networking has made accommodating these client much easier by being able to host a controller remotely to manage multiple sites and devices on demand as the need arises. I've utilized both Ubiquiti and Omada for these purposes, but in the last couple years have been doing more Omada installations. For longer range communication, I still use UISP until TP-Link makes an equivalent.

I currently run the Omada Controller Software on a Windows Server 2019 VM which at the time of writing this, is currently managing 28 remote Omada sites. I have deployed several ER605 V1's and V2's, along with EAP 225's, 245's, 610's, 650's and some 615's (in-wall units). Some of these sites have PoE Jetstream switches in them as well. When prices start dropping on the 2.5gb routers, I'm probably going to start upgrading the ER605's.

I'm just joining this community to be able to share my experiences and knowledge with anybody that wants to listen in hopes that I can help others with problems they might be having and to learn new things from the community that I'm still trying to figure out. If there's anything worth learning while being in the tech field, it's that you don't know everything and if you allow it, you can always learn more. With that said, I'd like to contribute what I know, learn what you know, and grow as a community.

Options
2024-01-02 17:14:34

@Hank21 

Hello, I'm a writer at ProverbsWorld Want business support... Learning so I join this community. 

Options
2024-03-22 14:02:25

Hi, I'm Stewart, age 60 and quite enjoy messing around with 'networky' type kit.

Truth be told, I'm a bit of a D00fus technicaly and am more rooted in component level repair, so I'm looking forward to asking some really stupid questions.

Patience is a virtue.

I'm hopeful of a really virtuous community here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 688

Replies: 5

Related Articles