Client Aliases (Config Name) lost after migration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-22 13:37:46
Tags: #Migration #Client Alias
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.9.32

Hi there,

I assigned names (aliases) to all my clients when I was using the software controller. I migrated to OC200 recently. All the settings are transferred but all the client names (alises) are lost. Is there a way to revive them? It's a very time consuming process to assign the names again.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Client Aliases (Config Name) lost after migration
2023-08-23 06:51:36

Hello @SaiGer,

Did you choose Settings Only when you do the Migration to the OC200?

You may try to choose All Time and enable Retain User Info for testing.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-08-23 21:23:34

@Hank21 That did not help. Still all the aliases are missing. 

Options
2023-08-24 02:00:37

Hi @SaiGer,

Thanks for your response.

May I know which version of the software controller on the Windows PC did you do migrate to OC200 V5.9.32?

Please also share the screenshots of the Migrate page with us so that we may take a look at your settings.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-08-24 02:12:09

@Hank21 I upgraded my software controller from an oder version to v5.9.31 before copying the settings. I can send you the setting backup file, if that helps.

I did not migrate it. I took a backup and retored the backup in the OC200. Then it adopted the devices.

I am not sure which migrate page you like to have screenshots from. There's not much on the migrate page!

Options
2023-08-25 06:56:39

Hi @SaiGer,

Please confirm whether all settings are like the image below when you back up the files on the Software Controller.

We have tested in the lab and can not reproduce the issue. May I double-confirm whether all wired and wireless clients have this issue?

What exactly these client devices are? Could you share the screenshots of the current names they are showing on the OC200?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 267

Replies: 5

Tags

Migration
Client Alias
Related Articles