IPv6 Blocking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IPv6 Blocking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IPv6 Blocking
IPv6 Blocking
2023-09-01 17:16:02 - last edited 2023-09-13 14:14:50

Hello,

i have problems reaching my server via ipv6 over the internet.

I am able to reach it, when i am connected locally in the same network via ipv6. But i am unable to reach it over the internet. Is there any ipv6 blocking in the firewall? I didnt found anything about that.

Hope you can help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IPv6 Blocking-Solution
2023-09-13 14:14:46 - last edited 2023-09-13 14:14:50

So this was really the problem. I changed the ipv6 configuration to "SLAAC + RDNSS" Now its working

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:IPv6 Blocking
2023-09-05 03:32:03

Hi @basti2s 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What's the WAN connection type?

Run ping test and ping ISP gateway IPv6 IP address

Google IPv6 DNS address and Google domain name.

Need this information for further diagnostics.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-06 16:55:45

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your answer.

I am not sure what you mean with:

Clive_A wrote

The router is connected via ethernet to a fiber NT. The router is also getting a ipv6 and ipv4 adress.

I tried to ping google with "ping ipv6.google.com" and i got answers. Then i tried to ping the google dns with: "ping 2001:4860:4860::8888" and i also got answers.

Clive_A wrote

Where can i find the ISP gateway IPv6 address? Is it the adress shown in the omada software controller inside the wan status page?

Options
2023-09-07 01:07:06

Hi @basti2s

basti2s wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your answer.

I am not sure what you mean with:

Clive_A wrote

The router is connected via ethernet to a fiber NT. The router is also getting a ipv6 and ipv4 adress.

I tried to ping google with "ping ipv6.google.com" and i got answers. Then i tried to ping the google dns with: "ping 2001:4860:4860::8888" and i also got answers.

Clive_A wrote

Where can i find the ISP gateway IPv6 address? Is it the adress shown in the omada software controller inside the wan status page?

1. Literal meaning:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-07 11:05:00 - last edited 2023-09-07 11:05:28

Thanks for the answer.

So the WAN connection type for IPv6 is: "Dynamic IP(SLAAC/DHCPv6)" and for IPv4: "Dynamic IP".

Then i tried to ping the ISP Gateway for IPv4 as you shown in your picture. It worked. But pinging the IPv6 Gateway didnt worked.

Options
2023-09-08 09:55:33

Hi @basti2s

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you use your PC to connect your modem? Does it support mirroring? If your modem is a modem router, you may need a port mirroring function. Check if your PC can get Internet or not.

If you have Internet, run the test again but this time with the help of Wireshark, capture before you start to ping.

Options
2023-09-08 16:13:37 - last edited 2023-09-08 16:19:10

I tried to connect my laptop directly to the NT (Fiber Modem). But i didnt get a internet connection. I cant find sth. about the fiber modem in the internet. So i dont think there is a port mirroring function.

I got another idear. I have allready defined a seperate network for my server. With maybe different IPV6 settings than in the WAN settings of the router. They are set to 'IPV6 Interface Type: SLAAC+Stateless DHCP'. Could this be a problem?

Options
Re:IPv6 Blocking-Solution
2023-09-13 14:14:46 - last edited 2023-09-13 14:14:50

So this was really the problem. I changed the ipv6 configuration to "SLAAC + RDNSS" Now its working

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 7

Related Articles