Votes

Smart Queue Management (QoS)

2023-09-03 12:19:12 - last edited 2024-01-23 06:33:22
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)   OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.4

I'm requesting this feature to be added to to eliminate Bufferbloat. I think Ubiquity have this feature. 

Please add these:

- FQ-CoDel

- CAKE (Common Applications Kept Advanced)

..and others

Options
10 Reply
Re:Smart Queue Management (QoS)
2023-09-04 07:25:57

Hi @ceejaybassist 

Thanks for your valuable feedback and post here. This request has been forwarded to the developer team for further evaluation.

You can subscribe to the firmware release thread which is pinned on the related page. Or pay attention to our official website where most releases will show up there very soon.

As a reminder, any request will be evaluated by our developer team before it is officially added to the roadmap. That may take some time before you see a release with this feature.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-28 07:22:11

+1 yes

We have made very good experience in using FQ-CoDel for Traffic-Shapping, it is a very good working automatically Priorisation which works very good without the need to declare every Traffictyp. The "FQ-CoDel ECN" Flag should also be supported.

OPNsense and PFsense are both supporting this QoS mechanism.

Options
2023-11-05 17:35:00

Another +1 on this request.

Have had a lot of success with fq_codel and especially CAKE in the field. Would give TP-Link routers a serious reconsideration for use with clients if this feature was available.

Options
2024-01-09 06:36:30

@ceejaybassist 

I hope this feature will release soon, Any update from Omda team? I been thinking of using other brands with Smart Queue Management (QoS) for my small business.

Options
2024-01-22 22:09:12

Finding this thread as was also looking into seeing if this was a feature on the Omada series. 

Any update/roadmap possible to share for this feature? Thanks!

Options
RE:Smart Queue Management (QoS)
2024-03-22 14:41:57
This would help keep TP Link better in line with the competition's offerings.
Options
2024-03-30 05:05:51
Options
2 weeks ago
up for this special qos in er605 and eap200 series
Options
a week ago
up. for. this qos. for omada oc200
Options