Votes

Omada iPhone app - Add more advanced features.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-03 23:27:48 - last edited 2023-09-15 06:03:25

The iPhone omada app is woefully underwhelming compared to the website interface and I would like to see more features/customization on what to see and be able to make changes w/in the app.  Also when working in the app and switching away for too long it returns to the login main page instead of the last location I was working in.  Make it easier to see WiFi settings/passwords perhaps as well.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Omada iPhone app - Add more advanced features.
2023-09-04 09:09:50

Hello @iamnotwhoiam,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
RE:Omada iPhone app - Add more advanced features.
2023-09-21 18:58:03
Specifically: just allow the app to change a switch port/profile. That is about the only reason I ever use the app, is while walking around on the shop floor and tracking a port down to be changed to a new Profile/VLAN
Options
2023-09-22 12:45:17
yes please!
Options
2023-10-22 20:20:46
it is sometimes frustrating to wan tto do something, start in the app, and then find that the thing you want to do is only available in the web gui
Options
2024-01-25 20:31:27

@iamnotwhoiam +1 for being able to set port profiles (i.e. change VLAN) in the iOS app. This is a basic thing to configure... so basic, it boggles that mind that this is not a "Day 0" function of the app.

I will be using alternative switches for my network (or, possibly, an entirely different vendor) just because the only real advantage to having the Omada app (in terms of using TP-Link Omada-controlled switches, that is), is to be able to configure all of your basic parameters. VLAN is SUPER BASIC.

Options
2024-01-25 20:31:49
Be able to change VLAN in iOS app
Options
2024-02-27 22:29:05

@iamnotwhoiam would be really great to have an option to power cycle a POE port on a switch from the mobile app instead of having to go to the web interface.

Options

Information

Helpful: 14

Views: 813

Replies: 7

Voters 14

+ 10 Voters