Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST]: ER8411 - add LAN LAG (Link Aggregation) feature

Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST]: ER8411 - add LAN LAG (Link Aggregation) feature

37 Reply
Re:[FEATURE REQUEST]: ER8411 - add LAN LAG (Link Aggregation) feature
2024-03-27 13:55:11

@Clive_A 

Any updates on this or should we be looking to other brands?

Options
2024-03-27 14:04:00

@Warlocc 

Hopefully somebody from the dev team will notice us requesting this feature.

I am happy with the device, and I am pretty sure the hw is completelly capable of handling LAG , so i don't see why they wouldn't do it .

Options
2024-03-27 14:44:28

@Warlocc 

Absolutely agree that this is a workaround solution, but:

1. We still have not received a confirmation from TP-Link that this feature is doable for ER8411. However, due to hardware limitations, it is not possible for ER7206 and other ERs. 

2. We have no estimations, ETA or any promises that this feature will be available at all.

3. What alternatives do we have? Ubiquiti has the same issue. Fortinet - the price is double + annual licenses.

4. In case we get a new FW with LAG, how risky will it be to use it in production systems without proper testing? This testing will take more time and money than several hundred for additional switches. 

Any other ideas?

We craft reliable solutions | 1.855.888.0169 | https://cctv-ca.com
Options
2024-03-28 01:21:13

Hi @Warlocc @Alex_UTS

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Warlocc wrote

@Clive_A 

Any updates on this or should we be looking to other brands?

@Alex_UTS wrote

@Warlocc 

Absolutely agree that this is a workaround solution, but:

1. We still have not received a confirmation from TP-Link that this feature is doable for ER8411. However, due to hardware limitations, it is not possible for ER7206 and other ERs. 

2. We have no estimations, ETA or any promises that this feature will be available at all.

3. What alternatives do we have? Ubiquiti has the same issue. Fortinet - the price is double + annual licenses.

4. In case we get a new FW with LAG, how risky will it be to use it in production systems without proper testing? This testing will take more time and money than several hundred for additional switches. 

Any other ideas?

If I am not informed by the dev that is under consideration, I will not change the label of this post.

Future Consideration has explained the status of this thread.

If you are desperate for this feature, please consider an alternative if you think it is crucial to your network.

Evaluation and the road to this feature will take time. I am not gonna guarantee anything without a confirmation from the dev. And dev will not guarantee me as well because there are projects going on as V5.15 will also be a big release and they are preparing for that.

When we evaluate the feature requests, we will take into the moves of our competitors. Put differently, if UBNT does not support LAG on the router, we might not consider it.

Beyond that, the dev will also consider the chipset and architecture of the chip.

For you, it is a missing feature that we did not guarantee from the very beginning of its release. You should keep that in mind not everything is gonna be added by your request. Not absolute. And we still have many other aspects to consider.

Please be patient as I am consulting with the dev again on this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-28 01:58:35

Hi @Alex_UTS and all,

LAG for ER8411 is not considered this year. Dev has looked into this feature now and has started market research.

"Even if we are going to develop this, this will be scheduled for next year."

Still in the evaluation phase. I will collect your described use scenario for the dev to mark the priority this week. (This is not a guarantee to any degree either.) For others who did not describe the usage, I cannot write your single line in the report as it does not make any sense in the scenario description.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
RE:[FEATURE REQUEST]: ER8411 - add LAN LAG (Link Aggregation) feature
2 weeks ago
I dont understand how a router has 2.5Gb WAN but no 2.5Gb uplink or the ability to LAG 2 of the 1Gb ports ??? need to add Lag support to the ER707-M2
Options
a week ago

In order to have LAG/LACP you must have STP the very least.  or else the switch will just loop.

They don't even have STP in the ER8411.

Kinda sad.

Options

Voters 36

+ 32 Voters

Tags

LAG