Looking to split my internet signal before my wireless router. TP-Link Omada VPN Router ER605?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Looking to split my internet signal before my wireless router. TP-Link Omada VPN Router ER605?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-19 01:41:40 - last edited 2023-09-20 00:43:15

Hello,

I have cable internet that works great- 400 down and 30 up. I have a Google Nest Wi-Fi pro mesh router. It works well, too, but it has gone down a few times unexpectedly and my wife, who works from home is frustrated when it happens. My isp is the only good option in my area and they only sell one line per address- not many good options to get a second isp. 

In my mind, what I would like to do is split the signal before it gets to my Google router- I want to add something- a wired router? that could plug into my cable modem  and come out with two Ethernet lines- one for the work computer and one for Google Wi-Fi router and the rest of the house. Ideally, these two lines are completely independent of each other. I would love to be able to do whatever I want with the Google router and not have it affect her internet.

Does the TP-Link Omada VPN Router ER605 fit the bill for this? Is there anything simpler or better for this job?  Any good info or videos how to do this?

good luck -jim

Options
1 Reply
Re:Looking to split my internet signal before my wireless router. TP-Link Omada VPN Router ER605?
2023-09-20 03:36:07

Hello @guessrow,

Even if you use the ER605 in front of your ISP router to separate the signal, the fundamental problem is still not solved.

According to your description, your previous network disconnection problem is most likely caused by fluctuations in your front-end network, which is also the cause of your current ISP. Then using one router or using 2 routers to separate the signal is useless. The best option is to add another ISP line and configure Link Backup/failover on the Router.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 273

Replies: 1

Related Articles