Votes

Logging of port changes (Profile/VLAN changes)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-21 17:50:20
Tags: #Logging
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.11.10

This request is critical to business operations in two ways:

1) basic security history

2) knowing what setting to revert when a change breaks something

I was extremely surprised and disappointed to learn today that Omada has no way of logging switch port changes. I thought for sure that I must just be missing it, but support confirmed to me that this logging does not exist and to make the feature request here.

To be clear about what I am looking for, I am referring to a log for when someone goes into a switch and changes the Port Profile:

18baebc91f1d4dc9bb90b80b57abc2f2

Nearly every other element of the system can be logged and of all the things that are possible to be logged, this is probably the MOST important. If someone changes a VLAN in a way that allows a regular end user to suddently be on a secured / admin VLAN, that is a HUGE issue. There should be a log so that we can see who made that change and when. Or if someone changes a port Profile and takes down 30% of the network, the log will allow us to see what the setting was changed from so that we can revert back in 2 minutes rather than 2 hours of troubleshooting. It's a life saver.

This port Profile/VLAN logging is super critical. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this to the logging capabilities.

Options
4 Reply
RE:Logging of port changes (Profile/VLAN changes)
2023-09-21 17:50:37
Yes, please!
Options
2023-09-21 18:44:30

@AaronSSH 

Would be a great feature!!

Options
Re:Logging of port changes (Profile/VLAN changes)
2023-09-22 07:30:22

Hello @AaronSSH,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-09-22 12:31:35
please add this feature for us!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 409

Replies: 4

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters

Tags

Logging