EAP660HD - Lack of support

2023-09-21 21:11:10 - last edited 2023-10-06 08:36:25
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Am i the only one that is concerned about the lack of support of the 660HD.

There seems to be no new fw for the unit, and hasn't been for a long time?

Anyone else wondering about this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP660HD - Lack of support
2023-09-22 07:44:02

Hello @StephenNorbury

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your eagerness to upgrade the EAP660 HD firmware for new features and improvements. We also hope the new firmware be available soon so that our customers can experience the new features as soon as possible. However, the upcoming new firmware is a major version update, there are lots of new features and improvements to be implemented, so we need to be patient for the new firmware release. Your great patience is much appreciated!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-31 00:33:30

@StephenNorbury 

I found this while searching for updated firmware for the 660. Yes I have wondered the same thing and the 660 is all we use for our business clients. Its like they are ignoring it compared to lesser models Its is still for sale and its the most expensive in this category. I need to know if we need to stop selling it. 

Options
2024-01-02 03:49:20

Hi @lifetechmeda,

We don't get advanced notice of whether there will be new updates of EAP620 HD V1 being released or when a feature update will be available. But please note no firmware updating does not mean the product is EOL, but the product is functional and basically running normally and stable.

The way we do firmware is that we only release a new version when there is a bug/flaw/vulnerability to patch or a new feature to add. EAP620 HD V1 has no new firmware been released in the past two years, so we guess that there are no plans to iterate and support new functions. However, since I am not in software development, we have no specific further news for the time being. I suggest you keep an eye on the official website for any new firmware updates of EAP620 HD V1 if there would be any.

In addition, if the product is determined to be EOL, it will be listed in this FAQ, you may refer to and pay attention to it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 551

Replies: 3

Related Articles