Cannot login with local user anymore

Cannot login with local user anymore

18 Reply
Re:Cannot login with local user anymore
2023-10-11 09:12:24 - last edited 2023-10-11 09:12:49

@voltagex Yes, I'm already drinking the twentieth glass of wine because of it.
Joking aside, I have a regular installation on a headless Ubuntu server. Since then, there have been no updates, and I can only log in with a cloud account. What's interesting is that on the Omada web app, the modification icon is not visible for my local account, but it is visible in the Android app. However, as soon as I try to set a new password, it results in an error.

Options
2023-10-11 16:27:43 - last edited 2023-10-11 16:27:59

I tried to write up some instructions based on what someone on Reddit found that might resolve the issue or at least help someone from TP-Link look at what might be the issue and how they can fix it in software as it seems to be an issue with conflicting data in the MongoDB:

https://github.com/mbentley/docker-omada-controller/discussions/344#discussioncomment-7254461

Options
2023-11-07 06:33:23 - last edited 2023-11-07 06:35:21

I recently had this same problem on my OC200 controller. I could only connect via my Omada Cloud account, but not my local admin account. It turns out that the ad blocker I recently installed in Chrome (Total Adblock) is preventing local log-in. Even excluding the Omada IP address in the ad blocker didn't help, but completely turning it off allows me to log-in. I suppose using a different browser without ad block would also be a work-around.

I don't recall this being an issue immediately after the latest firmware update, so I can only assume that the newly installed ad blocker is the primary variable.

I hope this is helpful.

Options
2023-11-07 13:39:36

@Petenun I actually had a similar experience, except mine was because of Dark Reader. Once I disabled it; the dashboard would login and load successfully.

Options
Re:Cannot login with local user anymore-Solution
2023-11-08 01:57:47 - last edited 2023-11-08 01:57:52

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

Our support engineer has identified the cause of this issue, which is related to certain requests generated by crawler scripts in the browser. These requests are causing the login verification to fail. Rest assured, this will be addressed and optimized in subsequent iterations of the Controller.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-19 10:49:53

@Hank21 Any news on an update for this bug?  Pretty significant of a bug to not be prioritized.

Options
2024-01-22 02:51:11

Hi @mbentley

After confirming with the R&D department, this issue has been located and will be fixed in the subsequent firmware of the Controller ASAP, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please note that the information provided here is based on the current information we have, it's provided for informational purposes only, not a guarantee or a promise. Any plans are subject to change, the final firmware releases shall prevail.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 - has this been fixed in a released version yet?

Options
Related Articles