No Internet Capacity when I have AP connected to third-party router with internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No Internet Capacity when I have AP connected to third-party router with internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-26 22:00:48
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.0.9 Build 20220429 Rel. 43558

I had EAP225-outdoor and added two EAP235-Wall device to make a mesh network for our small office.

After configuring the devices and connecting the clients to the network, I noticed that Omada show no internet access on my network which it will be helpful to monitor that.

How can I tell Omada SDN that I have internet?

Options
3 Reply
Re:No Internet Capacity when I have AP connected to third-party router with internet
2023-09-27 03:31:23

Hi,@SVAFAG

Based on the information you provided, it seems that your TP-Link Omada Controller has some problem recognizing the internet connectivity provided through the third-party router. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Ensure that the SDN controller is correctly configured and connected to the APs and can see the status of all APs.

2. Update Firmware and software, ensure that the firmware on your EAP devices and the SDN controller software is up-to-date.

3. Ensure that the gateway settings on your APs and the SDN controller are correctly configured to point to the router's IP address.

4. Use DHCP,If you are using static IP addresses,try switching to DHCP to see if it resolves the issue.

5. Check your firewall and security settings,ensure that  it is not blocking communication between your Aps and the SDN Controller or the Internet,temporarily disable firewall on the routers to check if they are causing the connectivity issues.

Hope these will help you!

Options
Re:No Internet Capacity when I have AP connected to third-party router with internet
2023-09-27 06:09:42

Thank you @KyrieM for your fast response .

I have all 3 AP adopted and online. The firmware also are updated But I don't have Omada gateway device in my setup.

The DHCP is on the router with firewall configuration and VOIP devices settings and firewall on inside data transmission.

Options
2023-09-28 01:43:01 - last edited 2023-09-28 06:27:52

@SVAFAG The ISP Load "No Internet Capacity" means you don't have any gateway managed by Omada Controller,which doesn't mean there are issues in your network.Can you get access to the Internet normally?If you can , that will be OK, don't need to worry about that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1036

Replies: 3

Related Articles