NVR1104H - Unable to access recordings between midnight and 1am

2023-10-02 20:22:34 - last edited 2024-05-10 01:24:18

Hey Guys,

I've just noticed that I'm unable to access recordings made between midnight (12am) and 1am, from my VIGI NVR1104H (Hardware version 1, Firmware 1.0.2).This is through both the Android app and the Windows Desktop app (both latest versions at the time of writing this). Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Details:

• On the Windows desktop application, when you select a playback time in that range, the actual video playback is an hour off.
  • On the Android app, you can't even select a playback time in this range to view. Each day starts at 1am.
  • I have 2 x VIGI C330I's connected to the device.

PS the VIGI NVR1104H needs to be added to the model list when creating a new post.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:NVR1104H - Unable to access recordings between midnight and 1am-Solution
2024-05-09 01:40:16 - last edited 2024-05-10 01:24:18

Hi @bessy99 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

bessy99 wrote

@Astro_Beta -

suffering the same issue - unable to access recording between 12:00am - 10am

Noticed this has happened since the last firmware update

Try out the latest firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/vigi-nvr1004h-4p/#Firmware

It should fix it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:NVR1104H - Unable to access recordings between midnight and 1am
2023-10-07 03:10:12

Hi @Astro_Beta 

Did you select the correct time zone for your NVR?

Have you checked your Recording Schedule? Do you set it to record all the time on the block?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-31 21:15:14

@Astro_Beta 

I am having the exact same issue, I have checked ALL date and time (timezone) settings, recording schedule settings, and also tried the factory reset as well, nothing worked.

This happened since I upgraded the latest version of firmware 1.0.6 build 20240119 rel.65655n, my device is NVR1016H(UH) 1.0

I think nvr did the recording all the time, but because cameras got timezone settings as well, so I feel like the nvr timezone settings is conflict with cameras' timezone settings.

I have done the testing of change timezone of NVR to UTC-0, and then I can see the time bar from 12AM now (before was 10AM because I am living in Melb Aus), but playback is still start from 10AM even it's showing 12AM.

So probably it's a bug in firmware?

thanks.

Jim

Options
2024-04-29 01:08:06

@JimJin I too am having the same problem, being in Melbourne too, no recordings between midnight and 10am can be accessed.  I have messed around so much with the time settings trying to correct but with no success, I agree it must be a firmware issue.

I'm going to try reverting to an earlier firmware version but I'm so surprised tp-link hasn't already updated the firmware to correct the problem?

Options
2024-05-04 16:35:57

@Hed_o_ I am also experiencing this issue. Timezone AEST and cannot view events from midnight to 10am

Options
2024-05-04 21:31:21

@Hed_o_ @Den308 

hi Guys,

I contacted DLink support via email, I think someone is AU replied to me and gave me a new firmware which solve the issue.

But not sure why still not public yet, you can contact them directly.

since our devices may be different so I won't share the one they sent to me just in case brick your device.

thanks.

Jim

Options
2024-05-06 02:13:35

@Hed_o_ 

i have the same issue (Melbourne also) - No recording between 0000hrs - 1000hrs.

Did rolling back firmware solve your issue?

Options
2024-05-06 11:17:01 - last edited 2024-05-06 11:25:02

Welp - so i spent about 1hr talking to TPLink support via chat - in which went nowhere....

- This is despite referring to this thread, and other thread(s) of users reporting the same issue, of missing recordings.

Apparently a "support ticket" was raised (TKID240509403).

But I'm doubtful that this has even been raised, as I have not received an email or confirmation of the issue being raised or anything.

Trying to roll back firmware, however constantly being blocked by "Unable to load the firmware file. Make sure the firmware file is correct and the network is connected, then try again." 

Despite downloading from the TPLink Official support link below;
https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2023/202312/20231228/VIGI%20NVR1008H-8MP(UN)_V1.20_231023.zip

Seems you cant rollback firmware either from the web gui, Vigi Security Manager, or via the IOS App.

For a major security flaw in a new firmware upgrade its beyond a joke. This needs to be looked at seriously, as this is a major security issue...

Can someone @ TPLink please actually take this Security Flaw/Issue seriously, and either.....

A) Provide a new firmware upgrade for this ASAP.

B) Provide a working way to downgrade to the previous firmware (And not just beat around the bush, and not provide a way to do so).

Again; This is a serious issue here, one that cannot be delayed just simply because recordings are not being saved.

@Clive_A @Fae - Can you please provide an answer to this ASAP.

Options
2024-05-06 14:18:49 - last edited 2024-05-06 14:22:45

I've worked out what I think the issue is.

From my testing;

- I set the NVR Timezone to (GMT+930 Darwin), both the NVR and cameras change to GMT+930.

- I set the NVR Timezone to (GMT +10 Brisbane), both the NVR and cameras change to GMT+10 Brisbane.

- I set the NVR Timezone to another random Timezone and both NVR and Cameras changes to that Timezone.
- As soon as I set the Timezone to (GMT +10 Hobart) or (GMT +10 Canberra) the NVR changes back to UTC time.

I set the NVR Timezone to (GMT +10 Brisbane) and so far I can playback recording from 0000hrs till about now (0018hrs). It seems likes there's an issue with (GMT +10 Hobart) and (GMT +10 Canberra) where it's not accounting for the +10hrs and reverting to UTC time.

When the time was set to GMT+10 Hobart previously,

the only weird thing is, when I go back to "play back" and I pick a certain time, ie; 1200hrs both the play back time and the time on the camera shows the same

Options
2024-05-07 01:30:56

Hi @drthslyr 

drthslyr wrote

Welp - so i spent about 1hr talking to TPLink support via chat - in which went nowhere....

- This is despite referring to this thread, and other thread(s) of users reporting the same issue, of missing recordings.

Apparently a "support ticket" was raised (TKID240509403).

But I'm doubtful that this has even been raised, as I have not received an email or confirmation of the issue being raised or anything.

Trying to roll back firmware, however constantly being blocked by "Unable to load the firmware file. Make sure the firmware file is correct and the network is connected, then try again." 

Despite downloading from the TPLink Official support link below;
https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2023/202312/20231228/VIGI%20NVR1008H-8MP(UN)_V1.20_231023.zip

Seems you cant rollback firmware either from the web gui, Vigi Security Manager, or via the IOS App.

For a major security flaw in a new firmware upgrade its beyond a joke. This needs to be looked at seriously, as this is a major security issue...

Can someone @ TPLink please actually take this Security Flaw/Issue seriously, and either.....

A) Provide a new firmware upgrade for this ASAP.

B) Provide a working way to downgrade to the previous firmware (And not just beat around the bush, and not provide a way to do so).

Again; This is a serious issue here, one that cannot be delayed just simply because recordings are not being saved.

@Clive_A @Fae - Can you please provide an answer to this ASAP.

I see that from an internal message that your case has been assigned to one of the senior engineers. So, I will not intervene in your case until the SE gives an answer.

Feel free to share the solution from the SE. But do not copy and paste the original contents due to email confidentiality.

Options
2024-05-08 12:46:55

@Astro_Beta -

suffering the same issue - unable to access recording between 12:00am - 10am

Noticed this has happened since the last firmware update

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 831

Replies: 15

Related Articles