EAP235-Wall & EAP615-Wall Antenna Omnidirectional or directional?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-11 13:49:28 - last edited 2023-10-12 08:01:47
Tags: #WiFi Coverage
Model: EAP235-Wall   EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Some say the APs are Omnidirectional and others Say it's directional. Can someone based on actual usage give me a definative answer? 

I'm working on a design for an office building. 1 floor has all walls made from gypsum board (drywall) another floor is from brick wall. 

Thank you so much 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP235-Wall & EAP615-Wall Antenna Omnidirectional or directional? -Solution
2023-10-12 04:24:54 - last edited 2023-10-12 08:01:47

@Errefae As far as I know, EAPs all use omnidirectional antennas, but the signal coverage is not exactly the same. For example, the ceiling mount EAP of their company and the wall plate EAP you mentioned use the omnidirectional antenna, which is recommended to be used right in front of the EAP. outdoor EAP uses a 360° Omni-directional antenna, which can be used in any direction of the EAP. You can see the detailed Omni-directional antenna in the datasheet posted on their website. In addition, I have a picture here from someone else's post, maybe you can refer to it.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP235-Wall & EAP615-Wall Antenna Omnidirectional or directional? -Solution
2023-10-12 04:24:54 - last edited 2023-10-12 08:01:47

@Errefae As far as I know, EAPs all use omnidirectional antennas, but the signal coverage is not exactly the same. For example, the ceiling mount EAP of their company and the wall plate EAP you mentioned use the omnidirectional antenna, which is recommended to be used right in front of the EAP. outdoor EAP uses a 360° Omni-directional antenna, which can be used in any direction of the EAP. You can see the detailed Omni-directional antenna in the datasheet posted on their website. In addition, I have a picture here from someone else's post, maybe you can refer to it.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 1

Tags

WiFi Coverage
Related Articles