Accesing Device diagnostic/cable test on TL-SG3428MP v5.0 switch after adopted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-13 13:27:00 - last edited 2023-10-27 06:23:33
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.6 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

Before adopting the device I was able to access device diagnostics, specifically Cable tests (and various tests like Ethernet OAM -remote, link monitoring, dropping packages etc ). But after adopting I am not able to access these features.  Is there any way to access this feature without "forgetting" the device and resetting it?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Accesing Device diagnostic/cable test on TL-SG3428MP v5.0 switch after adopted-Solution
2023-10-17 06:39:58 - last edited 2023-10-27 06:23:33

Hi @Loop1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Loop1 wrote

@barrolete TP link should remedy this. With some firmware. It is imperative that the basic functions of the switch can be accessed. (not only diagnostic, other functions as well can not be accessed)

I am afraid that would not be available in the short time. Since V4 controller, around 2-3 years ago, when the switches were adapted to the Omada Controller, this feature was not implemented.

Till now, there isn't too much feedback on this. Certain features are also not available in Controller mode. Though I don't have the information or news as to why the dev would not implement them, I think it might be a reason that is not a part of the SDN idea. Omada SDN setup would weigh more in the middle or large scale network management instead of the testing cables. Testing cables or other infrastructure should be done with professional tools.

That's also the ideal why V4 supports gateway and switch management.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Accesing Device diagnostic/cable test on TL-SG3428MP v5.0 switch after adopted
2023-10-16 08:45:59

@Loop1 As far as I know, device diagnostics is not supported in controller mode, only in standalone mode.

Options
Re:Accesing Device diagnostic/cable test on TL-SG3428MP v5.0 switch after adopted
2023-10-16 09:41:26 - last edited 2023-10-16 09:43:31

@barrolete TP link should remedy this. With some firmware. It is imperative that the basic functions of the switch can be accessed. (not only diagnostic, other functions as well can not be accessed)

Options
Re:Accesing Device diagnostic/cable test on TL-SG3428MP v5.0 switch after adopted-Solution
2023-10-17 06:39:58 - last edited 2023-10-27 06:23:33

Hi @Loop1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Loop1 wrote

I am afraid that would not be available in the short time. Since V4 controller, around 2-3 years ago, when the switches were adapted to the Omada Controller, this feature was not implemented.

Till now, there isn't too much feedback on this. Certain features are also not available in Controller mode. Though I don't have the information or news as to why the dev would not implement them, I think it might be a reason that is not a part of the SDN idea. Omada SDN setup would weigh more in the middle or large scale network management instead of the testing cables. Testing cables or other infrastructure should be done with professional tools.

That's also the ideal why V4 supports gateway and switch management.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 3

Related Articles