Sony TV keeps connecting and disconnecting from the switch (TV turned off)

2023-10-13 20:24:56 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:45:51
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.6 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

SonyHello,

My logs are full with TV Sony that keeps disconnecting from switch

My config is:

ER7206 v1.0  1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

OC200

TL-SG3428MP v5.0 5.0.6 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

Few AP

Is it a TV problem or something to do with the switch? The tv is Turned off when this happens and all network standby are "OFF" on tv

File:
Sony.jpgDownload
Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Sony TV keeps connecting and disconnecting from the switch (TV turned off)-Solution
2023-10-17 06:49:17 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:45:55

Hi @Loop1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Loop1 wrote

@barrolete Thanks for anwer. I have 8 TV's in the house.. None of them are acting like this. I turned off the network standby, sleep all settings that are connected with standby mode and network. Maybe the TV network port is in problem

Yet did you try to turn the power off? Even with a power off, does it still show this?

I think it's a problem with the Sony TV and I found many negative reviews on the Sony network system.

To narrow down the issue and be dialectical, can you try out devices on this port? Like wired PC or other?

Have you tried different cables?

When did this start? How old is the switch? V5 hardware still looks good to me.

All 7 other models, the same model and firmware as this one?

If you believe it is a hardware issue, then contact your local support for further help on RMA related matter.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Sony TV keeps connecting and disconnecting from the switch (TV turned off)-Solution
2023-11-05 19:38:41 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:45:51

@Clive_A Hello, Yes i tried all suggested but at the end i switched tv to WI FI network since i was not able to solve it (it is probably TV network adapter in conflict/problem)

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Sony TV keeps connecting and disconnecting from the switch (TV turned off)
2023-10-16 08:17:29

@Loop1 Some Internet TVS may go into sleep mode when they are turned off, rather than being completely powered off. In sleep mode, the TV may periodically send heartbeat signals to maintain a connection to the switch. This can result in a large number of online and offline events being recorded in the switch's logs. If you don't want to receive these messages, you can set up Omada Notifications to not send messages when the device is connected or disconnected.

Options
2023-10-16 09:39:56

@barrolete Thanks for anwer. I have 8 TV's in the house.. None of them are acting like this. I turned off the network standby, sleep all settings that are connected with standby mode and network. Maybe the TV network port is in problem

Options
2023-10-17 06:49:17 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:45:55

Hi @Loop1 

Loop1 wrote

Yet did you try to turn the power off? Even with a power off, does it still show this?

I think it's a problem with the Sony TV and I found many negative reviews on the Sony network system.

To narrow down the issue and be dialectical, can you try out devices on this port? Like wired PC or other?

Have you tried different cables?

When did this start? How old is the switch? V5 hardware still looks good to me.

All 7 other models, the same model and firmware as this one?

If you believe it is a hardware issue, then contact your local support for further help on RMA related matter.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-18 00:57:32

@Clive_A Thanks for the answer I will try all of the advices and let you know soon

Options
2023-10-27 06:03:39

Hi @Loop1

Any update on this?

Options
2023-11-05 19:38:41 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:45:51

@Clive_A Hello, Yes i tried all suggested but at the end i switched tv to WI FI network since i was not able to solve it (it is probably TV network adapter in conflict/problem)

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-06 01:45:46

Hi @Loop1 

Loop1 wrote

If all other wired devices are unaffected, then it seems to be so.

Options
2024-04-04 08:26:58

@Loop1 

There is a recurring problem with connectivity between the Bravia Google TV KD-65X74L and the

Loop1 wrote

SonyHello,

My logs are full with TV Sony that keeps disconnecting from switch

My config is:

ER7206 v1.0  1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

OC200

TL-SG3428MP v5.0 5.0.6 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

Few AP

Is it a TV problem or something to do with the switch? The tv is Turned off when this happens and all network standby are "OFF" on tv

Deco M5 router. The TV frequently disconnects from the internet while other devices, like mobile phones, remain connected. This issue persists even at a distance of 600 cm from the router. Despite attempting various troubleshooting steps, the connection only occasionally improves. The Deco M5 seems to arbitrarily decide when to establish a stable connection, causing frustration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 8

Related Articles