Device randomly switching from Omada Switch to TP link router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-15 09:50:31 - last edited 2023-10-15 09:52:14
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.6 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

Hello,

I connected Dlink-DIR890L router (in AP mode) on my switch and often, randomly I get a message in the log:

" D Link Router was disconnected from network "LAN" on Switch Omada " and after that

" D Link Router is connected to TP-LINK Router on LAN network. "

..and then the same message reversed

How is this possible having in mind that D'link AP is connected directly to Switch via network cable?

My config is as follows:

ER7206 v1.0  1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

OC200

TL-SG3428MP v5.0 5.0.6 Build 20230602 Rel.76586

Few AP (660HD and one Dlink AP)

Dlink 2

Dlink

Config

Options
7 Reply
Re:Device randomly switching from Omada Switch to TP link router?
2023-10-16 02:39:05

@Loop1 I think the router in AP mode is also one of the end devices, as long as it is connected to the network, it will issue various protocols. As long as devices communicate with each other, various log messages may be generated.

Options
2023-10-16 02:56:05

@barrolete 

This D-link router is equiped with ddwrt firmware and dhcp is disabled and its connected to the switch via lan ports and not wan port. STP is disabled,  assign WAN Port to Switch: Unchecked,  Use DNSMasq for DHCP: Unchecked, Use DNSMasq for DNS: Unchecked,Recursive DNS Resolving: Unchecked,  DNSMasq: Disabled,  SPI Firewall: Disabled, connection warrning notifier set to Warning Notifier: Disabled.

Evrything that I know is disabled what else could cause its behaviour I susspect on my Omada switch.

Options
2023-10-16 03:13:18

@Loop1 As you description, the D'Link router in AP mode acts more like an unmanaged switch. When a new switch is connected to the switch port, will there be a log prompt?

Options
2023-10-16 03:35:09 - last edited 2023-10-16 09:58:03

@barrolete 

Where in which switch port on the D-link or on the Omada switch?

I'm using this Ap as addition just for 2.4ghz I disabled 5ghz on the D-link AP, because Omada AP are very bad on the 2.4ghz, they are strongly incompatible with  huge number of Chinese power switches and sensors, lightning controllers and various devices, my object has a lot of such devices that worked terribly with the Omada.

Also you cant pack a lot of devices on 2.4ghz, this D-link with ddwrt eats them alive without any problems.

I just use Omada AP for guests for high speed an seamless transition  and hope that guests devices are compatible with Omada AP.

Options
2023-10-16 06:35:25

Hi @Loop1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Loop1 wrote

@barrolete 

Where in which switch port on the D-link or on the Omada switch?

I'm using this Ap as addition just for 2.4ghz I disabled 5ghz on the D-link AP, because Omada AP are very bad on the 2.4ghz, they are strongly incompatible with  huge number of Chinese power switches and sensors, lightning controllers and various devices, my object has a lot of such devices that worked terribly with the Omada.

Also you cant pack a lot of devices on 2.4ghz, this D-link with ddwrt eats them alive with out any problems.

I just use Omada AP for gusts for high speed an seamless transition  and hope that gusets devices are compatible with Omada AP.

Since this is a non-Omada device, per the @barrolete, he/she is correct that this device might be considered a wireless device. I am aware that this is an AP but our Omada system cannot correctly recognize it due to its system or info provided to the router/controller.

And there is a possibility that your device enters the sleep mode or energy-efficient mode which can also lead to a disconnection. I think there is no problem with its WIFI connectivity.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-10-16 06:38:58

@Loop1 I don't care about the performance of your AP at all. What I mean by this is that the D'Link router in your network topology acts more like a switch (providing more ports), so when D'Link joins or exits the network, logs are generated.

Options
2023-10-16 09:15:08 - last edited 2023-10-16 09:35:31

@barrolete Hmmm my D-link Ap is conected by lan cable directlly to the third lan port on the Omada switch, I cant understand why would it  joins or exits the network randomlly?

BTW it is not exiting netwotk it is moving from switch to router (as attached on photo)

Options