Problems connecting to fiber with my Router via MC220L media converter

2023-10-17 09:13:25 - last edited 2023-10-18 03:49:03

Hi all

I need your help. I live in an appartment with the fiber access right at the entrance in a small cabinet. The fiber router provided by my telecom company (Sunrise) does not fit in there. However, in the cabinet there are several Ethernet ports which connect to Ethernet ports in the different rooms. I therefore purchased the TP Link MC220L media converter to convert fiber signal to copper signal (Ethernet) and because is small enough to fit in the cabinet. I used the fiber cable provided by the telecom company and which works just fine when I connect the router directly to the fiber port (for test purposes). The SFP module in use is from the telecom provider as well. What I get: The power light is illuminated, but the FX Link/Act and TP Link/Act lights are off. I do not know much about it and am lost on how to continue. Can anybody help? Thank you very much in advance.

Written on the fiber cable: ARMORED OPTICAL FIBER CABLE 9/125 G657A1 SM LSZH 12/13/17120604 02868M

Written on the SFP Module: SFP-31W2A(SM-10)-DR and LCS/1.25M/G/SM10/T131-R155/D/P

The Ethernet cable is a standard cable as well provided by the telecom provider.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems connecting to fiber with my Router via MC220L media converter
2023-10-19 08:02:48

Hi @igulam 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you come across this one?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/625640

Are you certain that your ISP fiber fits the SFP module you have?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Problems connecting to fiber with my Router via MC220L media converter
2023-10-25 07:15:19

@igulam The fact that the power light is on but the FX Link/Act and TP Link/Act lights are off indicates a problem. First, double-check all your connections to ensure they're secure. If the issue persists, you might want to contact your telecom provider (Sunrise) or TP-Link customer support for further troubleshooting. They can provide more specific guidance for your SaaS billing system setup. Good luck!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 2

Related Articles