IP Configuration Failure when connecting to EAP115 WAP device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-18 11:48:40
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I have a problem where I get an IP configuration failure when I try to connect to my EAP115 wireless network.

I have set up the access point first by directly connecting it to my router, where I am able to join it's network and change the default username/passwords etc. Internet access works fine like this. 

I wish to use the access point in my shed - I have a long ethernet cable and connection points that run from my router through the garden and to a port in my shed. I can then connect the EAP device to this port. I can see the network when I do this, but this time when I try to connect to it with my phone or laptop I get an IP configuration failure.

A year or so ago it was working fine, until I forgot the login details to the access point and did a factory reset. Since then I have this problem which I can't seem to resolve.

What could be causing this? / How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:IP Configuration Failure when connecting to EAP115 WAP device
2023-10-19 01:50:10

Hi,@Simon_Smith 

Based on your description, I recommend you to check the long Ethernet cable, ensure that runs from your house to your shed is not damaged and is securely plugged on both ends. You can also test with another device to confirm that you can obtain an IP address when connected directly to the Ethernet cable in the shed, or you can use another Ethernet cable to test whether clients can get IP address successfully from your EAP115.

The most common reason for IP configuration failure is issues with DHCP (the process by which devices are assigned IP addresses), ensure your router is set up to be the DHCP server and has a sufficient address pool for all connected devices.And ensure that your EAP115 is set to the "DHCP Client" mode if it is not meant to assign IP addresses, if it's set up as a DHCP server, it might be causing conflicts with your main router's IP.

Options
Re:IP Configuration Failure when connecting to EAP115 WAP device
2023-10-20 08:10:54

@KyrieM - thanks for your reply and things to check. I can't even connect to the internet even when plugging the ethernet cable directly into my laptop rather than through the EAP device first, so I guess it is a problem with the cable running from the house. This is a real pain but I guess I know where to look, thanks :)

Options