Votes

Allow for direct connection to a site with a permalink (only work when logged in ofc)

Votes

Allow for direct connection to a site with a permalink (only work when logged in ofc)

2023-10-18 11:59:06
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

It would be awesome if I dont have to wait for three sepperate pages to load to login to my home network when I dont have any other sites on my personal account ( Omada Cloud -> Global View -> Site View(home). I tried to bookmark the home but its a dynamic link it seems and It does not work after some hours so I need to do the whole dance that takes like 25 seconds of loading time until I see my home network and manage it. One solution is to add the option to autologin to the single site you have added to your account with the option to show the global view if needed (button top right to switch to global view) until a second controller/site is added.

Thanks for your time 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Allow for direct connection to a site with a permalink (only work when logged in ofc)
2023-10-19 03:51:25

Hello @Xarishark,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Allow for direct connection to a site with a permalink (only work when logged in ofc)
2023-10-19 07:16:01
Thanks @Hank21 I appreciate a lot!
Options
RE:Allow for direct connection to a site with a permalink (only work when logged in ofc)
2023-10-24 15:53:15
I also agree with this recommendation - would much rather prefer going to my site view upon login, with the option to select the global view.
Options
2023-10-25 06:18:51 - last edited 2023-10-25 06:19:15

@Hank21  Does the omada.tplinkcloud use a direct local connection when the controller is seen as local or it would be faster to access my controller directly? Synology quickconnect for example makes a direct local connection when the server is local instead of doing a roundtrip from synology servers. Does the omada web interface have that access type also?

Options
2023-10-26 02:26:42

Hi @Xarishark

Accessing omada.tplinkcloud requires the internet connection for the local network and a connection to a cloud base station. If you only use the controller locally and do not use the network, you will not be able to manage your controller in the cloud website.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-10-26 05:48:43

@Hank21 I already got that What I am asking is if your website makes a direct connection to the controller if its local or if the data makes a roundtrip to your servers and back to the local controller. Synology quickconnected also needs a internet connection to connect to the service but when it discovers that the server is in the local network it redirects to a local connection. the URL looks like    ( 192-168-1-10 DOT direct DOT quickconnect DOT to  )  and the connection becomes DIRECT to the server so no roundtrip for the data. You need to keep the internet connection on though even after you connect directly from their service. Does omada cloud make a comparable connection when it detects local (Because we know it CAN detect the locality of the server )

Options
2023-10-27 01:48:21

Hi @Xarishark

Yes, it has the similar mechanism with the example you mentioned, as long as your network device or the controller itself has no behavior like intending to connect to the cloud, then there should be no need to go to Sevrer and then back to the controller.

Options
2023-11-04 13:28:15

@Xarishark I agree. Let us have a default site that loads on login. Or allow one favourite site to be the landing page. Global view is not useful for me who only runs one site. It takes so long to just get to my client list. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 390

Replies: 8

Voters 10

+ 6 Voters