My LG TV drops the connection with my EAP653 for no apparent reason

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-19 08:32:19 - last edited 2023-10-25 06:16:13
Model: EAP653   ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

My TV stream PLEX content fine but after a while drops the connection for no apparent reason from the EAP. Is there a way I can troubleshoot or access a LOG on the EAP about this issue. My phone also stopped loading at the same time and I think dropped the connection.

EAP is connected with cat6 to the POE switch TL-SG2210MP.

I also Have a ER605 v2 is there a way to see how many ISP reconnection I made through the day? I want to be able to see if my WAN connection drops!

This is my Radio status right now.

Should I change my channel width to 40 and check again?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My LG TV drops the connection with my EAP653 for no apparent reason-Solution
2023-10-24 10:16:00 - last edited 2023-10-25 06:16:13

Hey  @Hank21 all my problems were fixed after I turn the hotspots to auto and then run the AI optimizations at night. For some reason after 2 days both hotspots were on the same channels on 2.4 instead of each a sepperate one but after setting them to auto and running the AI wifi they are never sharing a channel anymore. so its all good. I dont know why they were not on sepperate channels for the first 2 times the AI run but now its fixed. 

Both EAP 653 v1 are in the latest stable version. my layout goes as follows 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:My LG TV drops the connection with my EAP653 for no apparent reason
2023-10-19 12:56:38

@Xarishark 

There is a reason, but we dont know what it is LOL.  

So goto your client list and click on the 3 dots on the right of the screen.  enable customized columns.

Then check: Signal, Wireless Connection, RX, and TX.

NOW, go to your client and look for your TV and check the signal, the band its on, and the TX and RX.

Post it and let's see what it shows.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-10-19 21:06:46

@KimcheeGUN 

I think I found my problems but im answering anyway . All the APs where set by default in the channel 1 and the autoselection fo channels was off. Is that a known default behavior of the omada APs in general ? The picture is taken AFTER fixing the APs radio settings 

Options
2023-10-20 03:22:43 - last edited 2023-10-20 03:22:58

Hello @Xarishark,

How many EAPs do you have?

You may try using the AI WLAN Optimization feature to improve your network performance, check here:

AI WLAN Optimization helps improve the wireless network performance. With the AI WLAN Optimization feature, the controller will detect WiFi interference and monitor the wireless environment. Based on the environmental factors including network topology, deployment size, traffic, and client factors, the controller can determine the optimum wireless configurations (such as channel, bandwidth, power, etc.) for the access points (APs), and thus ensures that wireless clients of each AP can enjoy better WiFi experience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-10-21 03:32:59

@Hank21 hi I already had this turned on but both my access points were set on the first Chanel on both radios! Now that I set both access point on auto for channel selection each has a separate channel for each radio.

Options
2023-10-23 03:01:17

Hello @Xarishark,

May I know the firmware version of your controller?

Could you share your network layout with us? How did you connect EAPs?

Did you have the similar issue both on the 2.4G and 5G?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:My LG TV drops the connection with my EAP653 for no apparent reason-Solution
2023-10-24 10:16:00 - last edited 2023-10-25 06:16:13

Hey  @Hank21 all my problems were fixed after I turn the hotspots to auto and then run the AI optimizations at night. For some reason after 2 days both hotspots were on the same channels on 2.4 instead of each a sepperate one but after setting them to auto and running the AI wifi they are never sharing a channel anymore. so its all good. I dont know why they were not on sepperate channels for the first 2 times the AI run but now its fixed. 

Both EAP 653 v1 are in the latest stable version. my layout goes as follows 

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-25 02:59:21 - last edited 2023-10-25 02:59:37

Hi @Xarishark,

Thanks for such detailed info, you may keep and eye on this issue for a while, and if you have any questions or concerns, we are always here to help. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 7

Related Articles