How can I setup a local mirror for firmware updates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-19 08:43:33 - last edited 2023-10-20 08:22:22
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have an Omada Software Controller installed on a management vlan. As such this vlan is not allowed to access the internet.

I would like to setup automatic firmware updates, but as no access to the internet is possible checking for updates in the cloud is not possible, I need to be able to find a way to configure a local mirror (i.e. contact a local server which is allowed to retrieve the updates from the cloud).

Is there a way to achieve this ?

Thank you in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How can I setup a local mirror for firmware updates-Solution
2023-10-19 12:45:00 - last edited 2023-10-20 08:22:22

@kraal 

I dont think that possible with Omada.  You would need to edit the controller code to point to the firmware/software server.  Or find the URL of that server and replicate it in your local DNS server and point it to a local file share... but that's over the top.

Seems like you would need to update it manually.  The controller and firmware.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I setup a local mirror for firmware updates-Solution
2023-10-19 12:45:00 - last edited 2023-10-20 08:22:22

@kraal 

I dont think that possible with Omada.  You would need to edit the controller code to point to the firmware/software server.  Or find the URL of that server and replicate it in your local DNS server and point it to a local file share... but that's over the top.

Seems like you would need to update it manually.  The controller and firmware.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How can I setup a local mirror for firmware updates
2023-10-19 14:14:36

@KimcheeGUN 

Thank you for your reply. That's what I was "fearing"...

Do you know by any chance if fw updates can be automated using the API ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 224

Replies: 2

Related Articles