Omada SOFTWARE Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 06:45:40

Hi everyone, 

I hope you all have a good day.

First of all, sorry for my English, I'm French so I'm trying my best btw (without Google translate or anything esle).laugh

I've got a question and I think you'll be able to help me about it.

I downloaded the Omada SOFTWARE Controller on a virtual machine running on Windows Server 2019.

- I can now see my APs and manage them in my controller.

- I created my WiFi network and I wanna use the default LAN (192.168.1.0 / 24) to do some tests at first

The problem I have is that I can connect a computer to the WiFi but it doesn't give me an address from the LAN. In fact, I get and IP looking like 169.254..... which mean that the DHCP didn't answered where I should get and IP like 192.168.1.....

My APs show the WiFi I created (let's call him WiFi-A) but I don't know how to tell my AP that, when I connect a computer on WiFi-A I want an IP address looking like 192.168.1.0/24.

I know that I can probably manage and change that it if I connect to my AP from it IP address on Firefox (by example) as long as I'm in the same network that the AP, but I'd like to do it from the controller. Is it possible ? I think that I didn't correctly linked my WiFi and the LAN together.

Does someone understand my problem? Can someone help me or explain me what I'm doing wrong please?

Thank you in advance and I wish you all a good day.smiley

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada SOFTWARE Controller
2023-10-26 05:47:11

@Nezdia 

Do you have a router in your network? A DHCP Server?

The controller and the AP both can't be a DHCP Server to assign the IP address, you should know that.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Omada SOFTWARE Controller
2023-10-26 06:14:13

@Virgo 

Hey, 

I don't have a router but a layer 3 Switch which take care about the DHCP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 2

Related Articles