Connecting a 2nd EAP

Connecting a 2nd EAP

Connecting a 2nd EAP
Connecting a 2nd EAP
2023-10-25 21:31:54 - last edited 2023-10-26 13:20:31

This is my 2nd request for help. The first one was really dumb and this may exceed that one, but...I was able to connect the first EAP outside the house but I am unable to get the Omada APP to recognize the 2nd one. I installed the 2nd one near my barn and when it wouldn't show on the app on my phone I thought I might be too far away, so I set it up in the driveway near the frist one. I still can't get the app to see the 2nd EAP. I looked up the "help" section and it didn't make sense as it said to give the controller (OC200) permission first. I hit every button on the app and can't figure this out. I really appreciate the assistance for my first question and hope my lack of tech skills (having grown up in the sixties) isn't wearing out my welcome here. Thanks in advance....

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connecting a 2nd EAP-Solution
2023-10-26 06:19:12 - last edited 2023-10-26 13:20:31

Hello @drumguy101,

Did you set the Mesh on the Controller for your EAPs?

Please make sure the EAP you have supports mesh feature, to establish the mesh network, you will need to connect one EAP to the router/switch via Ethernet cable, and the other EAPs will be able to wirelessly connect to each other.

With the mesh network, you just need to power on the other EAPs, and they will not need to connect to the router/switch via Ethernet cable.

Please note that:
1) You will need to configure the Mesh network on the controller. So please download a software controller or purchase a hardware controller like OC200.
Here is the specification of the OC200.

2) Normally, it is suggested for you to run the controller all the time. You can check more detailed information about mesh network here.
3) Here is a guide to set up mesh network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting a 2nd EAP-Solution
2023-10-26 06:19:12 - last edited 2023-10-26 13:20:31

Hello @drumguy101,

Did you set the Mesh on the Controller for your EAPs?

Please make sure the EAP you have supports mesh feature, to establish the mesh network, you will need to connect one EAP to the router/switch via Ethernet cable, and the other EAPs will be able to wirelessly connect to each other.

With the mesh network, you just need to power on the other EAPs, and they will not need to connect to the router/switch via Ethernet cable.

Please note that:
1) You will need to configure the Mesh network on the controller. So please download a software controller or purchase a hardware controller like OC200.
Here is the specification of the OC200.

2) Normally, it is suggested for you to run the controller all the time. You can check more detailed information about mesh network here.
3) Here is a guide to set up mesh network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connecting a 2nd EAP
2023-10-26 13:25:16

@drumguy101 Hank, Thank you for your help. Turns out that I bought the wrong EAP's...the 110 does not support a mesh network. At least it's a simple fix. Having little computer knowledge/skill I assumed all EAP would work for a mesh system. Thanks again!!

Options
Re:Connecting a 2nd EAP
2023-10-27 02:02:30

Hi @drumguy101

Glad to hear that these suggestions can help you, and if you have any questions or concerns, we are always here to help. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 3

Related Articles