Unable to re-establish Cloud Access

2023-11-04 10:50:25 - last edited 2023-11-04 10:53:25
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.12.7

I am not exactly sure when it stopped working but I noticed today that the cloud access connection has stopped working and I can't re-establish it.  The logs from when I try to connect:

https://gist.github.com/mbentley/0de09eda258ce542a13ed21ea996189e

(The forums are incorrectly detecting something in my logs as an "illegal link" so I had to put it in a gist)

In the user interface, it just gives  "General Error" message when I try to connect.

I can only assume that it is a problem with some of the persistent data in the controller because I can spin up a new controller to test and connect it to the cloud just fine.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Unable to re-establish Cloud Access
2023-11-04 12:10:44

@mbentley 

What distro of Linux are you using?  Tried using google dns?  Janky DNS can cause the cloud link to break.  I know I had issues with Comcast DNS servers with the cloud links.

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-11-04 12:14:30
I'm running the controller using my Docker image which is based on Ubuntu 20.04. I doubt it's DNS related as both controllers (my actual controller which is having the issue) and the test controller that I stood up use the same DNS - it's via my router but the upstream DNS resolver is Google DNS.
Options
2023-12-03 23:22:35

@mbentley did you manage to get this right? I'm actually using your controller repo in beta and am having the same issue. When I first setup the controller it links to the cloud, I try and restore from a backup, backup fails, I make new controller, import site. Import works, but cannot access via cloud account anymore :/

I haven't tried making a brand new site with a fresh install yet but was hoping that's last resort. 

Options
2023-12-04 00:49:24

@rweidner Unforunately no, I haven't been able to get it working.  I was looking through the MongoDB to see if there is something causing the issue so I can fix it but I am not sure what I am looking for.

Options
2023-12-04 22:22:37

@mbentley What about upgrading from the beta to the new latest, which is higher than the current beta tag.  Is it possible to migrate from beta to latest in a docker enviro?

Options
2023-12-04 23:24:12

@rweidner You should be able to, as far as I know, as long as the version is greater than the previous.  I am on 5.13.22 and I can't get it working still - tried this morning.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 256

Replies: 6

Related Articles