EAP650 occasional lags

EAP650 occasional lags

EAP650 occasional lags
EAP650 occasional lags
2023-11-05 12:25:57

Hardware version 1.20, firmware version 1.0.9. We have two of them connected to an ER605 v2, and we also have a third EAP-245 that has no issues.

The access point seems to lag on a regular basis. By lag, I mean the internet connection on any client connected practically cuts out e.g. movies buffer, Google searches stop loading, emails won't refresh, etc..

This happens for up to a minute usually, and then everything resumes as normal until anywhere from a few minutes to an hour later it happens again.

Client number is irrelevant, it happens with 3 clients or 20 clients,

Channel usage hovers around 12% in 2.4Ghz range, and 2% in 5Ghz range.

Cpu never rises above 50% (usually hovers under 10), memory stays below 80%.

Dropped frames, rx errors, etc. seem nominal.

No QoS settings enabled at all.

Issue DOES seem to affect LAN connections as well,

Not sure what other info I can offer, but ask away and I can try to get it for you. Our EAP-245 has no issues whatsoever

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP650 occasional lags
2023-11-06 09:40:36

@JerryNet 

I don't think the wireless network will affect the wired network, but on the contrary, the wireless network will be unstable if the wired connection fluctuation.

So check with the router, the wan side, your ISP, and make sure there is OK in LAN.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-11-07 15:59:16

@JerryNet 

IF this affects LAN and Wireless client... I would check the switch and then the router.

It sounds like the switch maybe firing off STP alerts.  Spanning Tree Alerts will pause the switch for a moment and then fire backup.  Multicast Flood or a bad NIC could cause the switch to fire off STP alerts.  I dont know what brand/model switch you have... try switching it from RSTP to STP and see if that helps.  

I would check the Router too.  Confirm you are not peaking in bandwidth and or CPU/Mem Usage.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-11-08 12:51:01

@Virgo Thanks for the reply, to be more specific, I was referring to private connections between a device on the problematic access point, and a device anywhere else on the lan. The LAN is stable, but connections to and from any device on that access point share the issue I described in my first post.

Options
2023-11-08 12:54:51

@KimcheeGUN I'll be sure to look into this. I actually don't have a switch, my connections go straight into the router at the moment. The router also doesn't appear to be peaking in memory/cpu usage when this issue occurs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 4

Related Articles