Votes

EAP Mesh Technology enabled only on selected/specified AP's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 16:20:59 - last edited 2023-11-08 19:39:41
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.1.0

I am currently deploying TP-Link Omada SMB Solutions onto Marine vessels, and one suggestion I would like to recommend is being able to individually select which AP's to run mesh on, and others, to just turn off, and leave as just access points for devices to connected to (along with being able to define ROOT AP's, etc...)

In order to make this happen, I deploy Both, the 225's inside the metal van (because of interference) and 610's outside because of IP67 for harsh environments such as offshore, as well as a fail-over for the wired network.

I have noticed that when I leave wireless mesh on through Site > Mesh, that every now and then, when there is a network topology change due to a missing heartbeat for example, it seems to cause an issue with the controller constantly trying to push these changes across all devices.

If I could just select between (2) 610-AP's, to have that mesh technology as a fail-over in place for a critical link (and I have already defined STP priorities between the two switches on that link), that would be GREATLY beneficial. 

Not sure if this is actually something that can actually be done, but for sure, in my application, be greatly beneficial.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 240

Replies: 0

Voters 1