Issues with connecting WiFi Cameras to NVR 1008H

2023-11-10 17:07:57
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 230609 Rel.43669n

I have been trying to add my CP Plus wifi cameras to this NVR. The problem is that I can add them manually (not auto discovered) but once they are added to this NVR, the status shows Not Connected.

The cameras support ONVIF and they are working in EzyKam+ application and also on Happytime Onvif Client but they are simply not displaying any video when i connect them to this NVR. I have allocated static IPs to all the cameras.

I tried to ping all the cameras from NVR and they are pinging without any packet loss. Vigi Security Manager shows that the cameras are offline. NVRs and all the cameras are on the same network yet its now working.

Please assist to resolve this issue.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Issues with connecting WiFi Cameras to NVR 1008H
2023-11-13 07:30:58

Hi @jhally87 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Are they connected to the same LAN?
"Not connected" has been given a pretty clear definition in the User Guide.

Have you checked the ONVIF on the cameras? Is it toggled as enabled?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-15 16:38:54

@Clive_A Hello Clive.. Yes the ONVIF is enabled on all the cameras and all the cameras are connected to the main router (not extender).

The cameras are working with another application but not with NVR. They are always showing as Not Connected in NVR.

Options
2023-11-16 09:30:29

Hi @jhally87 

Can you try a different decoding? It seems that it cannot pull the stream. It is the decoding or the stream is full and IPC does not push the stream to the NVR.

Or Possibly not supporting H265+ on your camera? Try 264

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
3 weeks ago

Hi  @Clive_A,

same issue I also observed, how to change from H265 to H264?

Hi @jhally87,

is it resolved for you?

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @Sinu202 

Sinu202 wrote

Hi  @Clive_A,

same issue I also observed, how to change from H265 to H264?

Hi @jhally87,

is it resolved for you?

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Thanks for response.

you mean this need to change from camera setting?

for your information we are using cp plus camera and don't have any option to change the video resolution.

Also please confirm HDD is mandatory for streaming or not, because I have not installed any hdd.

Please let me know what setting can change from TP link nvr side for changing h265+ to h264.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @Sinu202 

Sinu202 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for response.

you mean this need to change from camera setting?

for your information we are using cp plus camera and don't have any option to change the video resolution.

Also please confirm HDD is mandatory for streaming or not, because I have not installed any hdd.

Please let me know what setting can change from TP link nvr side for changing h265+ to h264.

If it is not VIGI cameras, change the settings from your camera GUI.

Options