Will the 16 Channel NVR NVR1016H be able to properly support 16 x 4MP Vigi cameras?

Will the 16 Channel NVR NVR1016H be able to properly support 16 x 4MP Vigi cameras?

2023-11-13 15:33:54 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:34:54
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi Everyone

1. May I ask if NVR model NVR1016H will be able to properly support 16 x 4MP Vigi cameras with regards to bandwidth ?

2. Will it also be an issue if 3 or 4 of the cameras are 5MP vigi camera ?

3. For playback will it be an issue to view all 16 channels on the combined screen remotely?

Thank you

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Will the 16 Channel NVR NVR1016H be able to properly support 16 x 4MP Vigi cameras?-Solution
2023-11-14 02:08:24 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:35:01

Hi @John-D 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/vigi-network-video-recorder/vigi-nvr1016h/#specifications

Literal meaning, no.

2. Based on the picture, you can analogize it. I would say 3 5MP safely. 4, potentially unstable.

3. Refer to the answers above. Yes.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Will the 16 Channel NVR NVR1016H be able to properly support 16 x 4MP Vigi cameras?-Solution
2023-11-16 01:47:40 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:34:54

Hi @John-D 

John-D wrote

@Clive_A 

thanks for your recommendaton

"If for storage, you should consider at least gigabit since the estimated concurrent speed would be more than 100Mbps."

may I clarify what do you mean ? 

Based on a third-party web that introduces the calculator for the IPC, you can add up the speed. I did a quick math and thought altogether the throughput would exceed 100Mbps so you should use 1000Mbps instead.

https://www.cctvcalculator.net/en/calculations/storage-needs-calculator/

Use this site at your discretion, only for calculating purposes.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
2023-11-14 02:08:24 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:35:01

Hi @John-D 

1. https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/vigi-network-video-recorder/vigi-nvr1016h/#specifications

Literal meaning, no.

2. Based on the picture, you can analogize it. I would say 3 5MP safely. 4, potentially unstable.

3. Refer to the answers above. Yes.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Will the 16 Channel NVR NVR1016H be able to properly support 16 x 4MP Vigi cameras?
2023-11-14 02:47:14

@Clive_A thank you very much for your reply

I have another question

Will the NVR1016H be able to support 16 x 4 MP VIGI with regards to recording bandwidth?

I saw the specification mentions the network incoming and outgoing bandwidth as:

Incoming Bandwith 80 Mbps
Outgoing Bandwidth 60 Mbps

Are these the only limits to the number and resolution of cameras I will be able to add to the NVR for recording?

Will 16 x 4 MP Vigi cameras be supported (or if I use 4 x 5MP cameras and 12 x 4 MP Cameras)

thanks!

Options
Re:Will the 16 Channel NVR NVR1016H be able to properly support 16 x 4MP Vigi cameras?
2023-11-14 03:34:03

Hi @John-D 

John-D wrote

@Clive_A thank you very much for your reply

I have another question

Will the NVR1016H be able to support 16 x 4 MP VIGI with regards to recording bandwidth?

I saw the specification mentions the network incoming and outgoing bandwidth as:

Incoming Bandwith 80 Mbps

Are these the only limits to the number and resolution of cameras I will be able to add to the NVR for recording?

Will 16 x 4 MP Vigi cameras be supported (or if I use 4 x 5MP cameras and 12 x 4 MP Cameras)

thanks!

We recommend stuff based on the decoding because it determines how many live views you have.

So, incoming, you can lower the res and have 16 connected. But you definitely cannot view them all at the same time. Decoding is limited to that number.

16 4MP may take around 100Mbps at H.265 and 30 fps. So, it is hard for the NVR to take that many recording at the same time.

And, even if you lower the res and makae it, you cannot view 16 of them at the same time.

So based on the decoding, you should choose it properly.

Options
2023-11-14 08:08:02

@Clive_A 

thank you!

So the model NVR1016H is not recommended to be used with 16 x 4 MP cameras.

I noticed that there is a new model VIGI NVR2016H

Bandwidth is the same as NVR1016H:

Incoming Bandwidth 80 Mbps

However decoding capability is higher 

25fps:
2-ch @ 8MP, 4-ch @ 4MP, 8-ch @ 2MP

30fps:
4-ch @ 3MP, 2-ch @ 5MP

compared to NVR1016H at:

1-ch @ 8 MP, 2-ch @ 4 MP, 4-ch @ 2 MP

Am I right to assume that this new model NVR2016H is also not recommended to be used with 16 units of 4MP cameras as incoming bandwidth is the same?

If I need to use 16 units of 4MP cameras, will it be recommend instead to use the model NVR4032H

Incoming Bandwith 320 Mbps
Outgoing Bandwidth 320 Mbps

Capability 16-ch @ 1080p (30 fps), 8-ch @ 4MP (30 fps), 4-ch @ 8MP
(30 fps)

Or to use 2 sets of NVR1016H instead?

Thank you very much !

Options
2023-11-15 01:11:57

Hi @John-D 

John-D wrote

@Clive_A 

thank you!

So the model NVR1016H is not recommended to be used with 16 x 4 MP cameras.

I noticed that there is a new model VIGI NVR2016H

Bandwidth is the same as NVR1016H:

Incoming Bandwidth 80 Mbps

However decoding capability is higher 

25fps:
2-ch @ 8MP, 4-ch @ 4MP, 8-ch @ 2MP

30fps:
4-ch @ 3MP, 2-ch @ 5MP

compared to NVR1016H at:

1-ch @ 8 MP, 2-ch @ 4 MP, 4-ch @ 2 MP

Am I right to assume that this new model NVR2016H is also not recommended to be used with 16 units of 4MP cameras as incoming bandwidth is the same?

If I need to use 16 units of 4MP cameras, will it be recommend instead to use the model NVR4032H

Incoming Bandwith 320 Mbps
Outgoing Bandwidth 320 Mbps

Capability 16-ch @ 1080p (30 fps), 8-ch @ 4MP (30 fps), 4-ch @ 8MP
(30 fps)

Or to use 2 sets of NVR1016H instead?

Thank you very much !

If you really need to view 16 live channels, you gotta use a powerful one that can decoding all the 16 4 MP cams at the same time. So, 4032H would be a better choice.  Based on the specs, it can decode 16 channels of 1080p at 30 fps. So if this what you need, you can get one.

We usually recommend based on the lower specs in the datasheet. So, based on that, seems to be a wise choice than 2016H.

If for storage, you should consider at least gigabit since the estimated concurrent speed would be more than 100Mbps.

Options
2023-11-15 04:02:15

@Clive_A 

"If for storage, you should consider at least gigabit since the estimated concurrent speed would be more than 100Mbps."

Options
2023-11-16 01:47:40 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:34:54

Hi @John-D 

John-D wrote

@Clive_A 

Based on a third-party web that introduces the calculator for the IPC, you can add up the speed. I did a quick math and thought altogether the throughput would exceed 100Mbps so you should use 1000Mbps instead.

https://www.cctvcalculator.net/en/calculations/storage-needs-calculator/

Use this site at your discretion, only for calculating purposes.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 7

Related Articles