OC300 + EAP110 * 6

OC300 + EAP110 * 6
OC300 + EAP110 * 6
2023-11-15 19:57:44 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:30:03
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm new here and do not have much knowledge on network subjects.

And also i'm french, so, sorry for my bad english.

Goal :

I want to provide a wifi coverture to the underground parking of buidling i live in so that people can connect their cars and deal with recharging and firmware downloading stuff, set GPS routes, connect their phones without staying on the entrance of the parking. We will also be connecting sensors on some equipments in the building.

We want ton control the access to this WIFI, who can use it and grant or not access to the camera servers on the LAN.

What I did :

We have an internet connexion via a triple play router.

2 NVR connected to the router.

OC300 plugged to the router.

1 EAP110 outdoor plugged to the OC300.

5 EAP110 outdoor repeating the signal from the first EAP.

1 TP link PoE switch spare (not used).

Questions :

- Can i adopt on the OC300 the EAP if they are not plugged via ethernet ?

- Can the EAP repeat multiple SSID ? The 1st EAP plugged to the OC300 is broadcasting 2 SSID at the time but I can't figure out a way to repeat that on the 5 other EAP on repeater mode.

- Do I have to use a router between the OC300 and the EAP ? Or the routeur before the OC300 can do the all IP attribution job ?

- What do you think would be the smartest and cheapest way to do what we want we the equipment we have ?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OC300 + EAP110 * 6-Solution
2023-11-16 08:29:43 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:30:03

Hello @UserUser,

UserUser wrote

No, EAP110-Outdoor doesn't support Mesh, you can only adopted them when they are wired connecting within your network.

- Can the EAP repeat multiple SSID ? The 1st EAP plugged to the OC300 is broadcasting 2 SSID at the time but I can't figure out a way to repeat that on the 5 other EAP on repeater mode.

Yes, all SSIDs you can assign to all EAPs. You may refer to this FAQ.

- Do I have to use a router between the OC300 and the EAP ? Or the routeur before the OC300 can do the all IP attribution job ?

The router need to be place before the OC300 and the EAP to act as a DHCP Server. It will assign IPaddress to your network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:OC300 + EAP110 * 6-Solution
2023-11-16 08:29:43 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:30:03

Hello @UserUser,

UserUser wrote

No, EAP110-Outdoor doesn't support Mesh, you can only adopted them when they are wired connecting within your network.

Yes, all SSIDs you can assign to all EAPs. You may refer to this FAQ.

The router need to be place before the OC300 and the EAP to act as a DHCP Server. It will assign IPaddress to your network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 1

Related Articles