Switch isn't detected in Omada Controller

2023-11-16 23:25:02 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:24:59
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.12.9

I have a cable internet with my ISP, which comes with its own Modem/Router. I've connected this to my TL-SG105PE switch, and connected my OC200 controller and a couple of EAP650 access points to the switch as well. But the controller could detect these two APs and the switch isn't there. I'm not sure if that's the normal behavior, nor if my setup is correctly done. I do have internet, but one of the APs seems to not have 5G enabled for some reason. Furthermore, I'm also not sure if the "Seamless roaming" feature would work fine, that was one of the main reasons for me to add the controller to my setup.

P.S. May you also let me know if this managed switch has any sort of admin console to use?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Switch isn't detected in Omada Controller-Solution
2023-11-17 06:32:56 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:24:59

@SMX42 

If you wanna see a clear network topology, at least an Omada gateway need be managed by your controller. And the SG105PE is not a managed switch, only an easy smart switch, no more advanced features.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Switch isn't detected in Omada Controller-Solution
2023-11-17 06:32:56 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:24:59

@SMX42 

If you wanna see a clear network topology, at least an Omada gateway need be managed by your controller. And the SG105PE is not a managed switch, only an easy smart switch, no more advanced features.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Switch isn't detected in Omada Controller
2023-11-17 09:56:55 - last edited 2023-11-17 10:09:36

@Virgo Thanks for your response. I tried my best to make sure the advertised features are factual before purchasing them, but a couple of things went wrong still. It was also said that the switch has 1xPoE and 4xPoE+ ports, but the supposedly PoE port only had one LED and it didn't turn on the Controller unit which supposedly supports both 802.3af/at.

To be honest, I only needed the APs. I got the switch only for PoE to be used for my APs, and the controller only for the insights and Seamless Roaming handling. I probably could just connect the APs to my Modem/Router (Sagemcom F3896LG) and be done with it. Furthermore, I don't really want to spend on another device...

What do you suggest? Is my current setup good enough and will perform properly?

P.S. I'm using this setup for an office of 25-40 people.

Options
Re:Switch isn't detected in Omada Controller
2023-11-20 03:23:11

@SMX42 

As I mentioned above, as long as you don't struggle with seeing a clear topology map on the Controller or the occasional uplink device display issues with the client list, then your current equipment is sufficient.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 3

Related Articles