[Failed] Controller failed to mail logs automatically.

2023-11-21 22:44:42 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:48:18
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.12.9

I'll come back here and edit with the full post, but I've already created it over on Reddit, if it'll allow me to post a link to that thread.... really need an idea of where to look on this one!

(5) [Failed] Controller failed to mail logs automatically. : TPLink_Omada (reddit.com)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[Failed] Controller failed to mail logs automatically.-Solution
2023-11-29 03:15:39 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:48:18

Hi @Hoo

I'm not very clear about your issue, you need to set the SMTP server if you want to receive the email logs, please refer to this detailed article for more setup steps.

Why we need to configure mail server on Omada SDN controller before adding cloud user and email log

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:[Failed] Controller failed to mail logs automatically.
2023-11-22 09:52:36

Hello @Hoo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

May I know the current firmware version and previous version of your controller? Do you mean this issue start to happen after the firmware upgrades?

Did the logs send to the server normally actually even though there are the alerts on the controller?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:[Failed] Controller failed to mail logs automatically.
2023-11-28 02:55:16

@Hank21 all of the controllers are on current FW 5.12.9 - I have no idea what they were on previously, I've just updated them as the updates have become available, but the initial install was well over a year ago, possibly 2+ years.

The issue has persisted for a while, and the logs have never sent to email as the SMTP was never setup.

Options
Re:[Failed] Controller failed to mail logs automatically.-Solution
2023-11-29 03:15:39 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:48:18

Hi @Hoo

I'm not very clear about your issue, you need to set the SMTP server if you want to receive the email logs, please refer to this detailed article for more setup steps.

Why we need to configure mail server on Omada SDN controller before adding cloud user and email log

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 3

Related Articles