Votes

Suggestion for EAP245 -> two (three) utp for ax (or 7) wifi standard

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-23 10:27:34 - last edited 2023-11-23 10:28:42
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

If i may suggestion... I would like to see the same model EAP245 but with ax wifi. And the reason is that I love the fact it has two utp in, rathern just one. 

Use case is when I need to make network serial (due whatever reason but typical would be an old house/flats - they don't always provide proper place for utp cabeling; for example an old coax lines are used - coax cable out, utp calbe in). So in my case i use it rather wall then celling. So line comes in, one goes further. I can live with two, but would prefer three (if possible). 

The EAP6x models are not useful for that kind of purposes. 

While the wall models in general do not have the same power/range versus eap.

I know you have "home" version of products, but when family is big with many devices, it makes more sense to have omada in place rather then "home" version. Additionally, imagine one has to take care of dozens or even more locations... Omada makes more sense. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Suggestion for EAP245 -> two (three) utp for ax (or 7) wifi standard
2023-11-24 06:18:40

Hello @AntonV,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Suggestion for EAP245 -> two (three) utp for ax (or 7) wifi standard
2023-12-11 21:17:09

@Hank21 I mean alternative solution is to have in/out at the back side for example eap615 (or similar). one in, one out... and some extra at the bottom like now (which btw is great solution and comes hand).

Anyway, buttom line is this - there is think need for design where in places that do not have a luxury of star cable network topology, rather serial... At least partially. So if you have any desing like that would be of a great help (with higher wifi standards).

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 142

Replies: 2

Voters 1