VIGI NVR1016H V1 keep on reboot looping when connected to network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-25 08:41:57 - last edited 2023-11-27 02:48:03
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 230609

Hello, 

I have a VIGI NVR1016H V1 and it keeps on rebooting after displaying the camera, i have 4 kinds of camera connected to the NVR.

VIGI C540-W

TAPO C210

TAPO C310
TAPO C500

all connected via wireless connection, there are time it works well but when my network restart or disconnects, i have to disconnect the NVR to the LAN to stop the boot looping, and then i have to remove all the camera again to reconnect them to the NVR.

Can I get assistance here on what should I do? Is there any fix or workaround here to stop the boot loop?

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR1016H V1 keep on reboot looping when connected to network
2023-11-27 02:47:52

Hi @mictain 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Description is not clear to me. So, the NVR keeps rebooting instead of the camera. The NVR itself experience a boot loop?

Is the power stable for the NVR?

If there are no cameras connected to the NVR, does it enter the boot loop?

It looks like a hardware issue. Is there anything changed since the last time you recall it worked well and stably?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-11-28 04:22:01 - last edited 2023-11-28 04:24:25

@Clive_A

Yes the NVR itself boot loops, i think the power is stable, it is plugin to an extension where the monitor screen is also plugin, i think I'll try to plug it to a different power outlet just to isolate the problem.

The NVR stop boot looping when ever i disconnect all the cameras, removing all connected camera prevents the NVR from boot looping, but i have to remove the NVR from the network by plugin out the LAN cable so i could access the NVR and remove the cameras from the NVR.

By the way all the camera connected to the NVR are all wireless, this never happened before i was using wired cameras, the NVR was stable back then.

It seems the wireless camera is messing up the NVR to boot loop, the only work around I manage to do for the NVR to work is to stay at the settings UI, because when I try to view the camera from the monitor that's the boot looping starts.

Options
2023-11-29 03:05:13

Hi @mictain 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

mictain wrote

@Clive_A

Yes the NVR itself boot loops, i think the power is stable, it is plugin to an extension where the monitor screen is also plugin, i think I'll try to plug it to a different power outlet just to isolate the problem.

The NVR stop boot looping when ever i disconnect all the cameras, removing all connected camera prevents the NVR from boot looping, but i have to remove the NVR from the network by plugin out the LAN cable so i could access the NVR and remove the cameras from the NVR.

By the way all the camera connected to the NVR are all wireless, this never happened before i was using wired cameras, the NVR was stable back then.

It seems the wireless camera is messing up the NVR to boot loop, the only work around I manage to do for the NVR to work is to stay at the settings UI, because when I try to view the camera from the monitor that's the boot looping starts.

It enters the loop no matter if anything is connected to it or not, you should consider the RMA. I don't know why would it happen but the reboot loop does not seem to be right so far.

RMA and see if the new one behaves the same or not.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options