VIGI NVR4032H Port Aggregation Issue

2023-12-22 16:42:48 - last edited 2024-02-20 08:49:41
Model: VIGI NVR4032H   TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: VIGI NVR4032H(UN)_V1_1.0.1 Build 230628

Hi Support Team,

I recently implemented the VIGI NVR4032H on one of my client locations, and while configuring the port aggregation, encountered an issue, where after enabling the port aggregation on the switch (TL-SG2428P V1) there is a huge latency coming up while accessing the switch web UI. 

If I disconnect one of the ports, then the switch latency comes down <2 ms, and with port aggregation, the latency is more than 500+ ms. I tried both the STATIC LAG and LACP mode on the switch, but it's not making any difference.

Am I doing any wrong configuration here? 

Note: I selected the VIGI NVR1016H model, as NVR4032H was not coming under the model.

Hardware

1. TL-SG2428P V1

2. ER605 v2

3. VIGI NVR4032H

Regards,

Sk Shabbir

Options
4 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR4032H Port Aggregation Issue
2023-12-25 02:51:21

Hi @SkTech 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no LAG in the VIGI series. Are you reading it correctly? I think you misconfigured the product and made a loop.

If it is a loop, fix the loop. Omada router does not support LAG either.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-25 08:55:52

@Clive_A 

In the VIGI Network setting page, I selected the Port aggregation on the network and selected the switch as Static LAG. I didn't connect to the Omada router but from the switch itself.

Question to you, if there is no aggregation support, then why are two ports present in the VIGI NVR, in the Network setting, there are three below options:-

1. Port Aggregation

2. Failover

3. Individual Network setting

In the past, I configured the third-party NVR to the Omada switches, using the STATIC LAG, and never encountered any issues.

Regards.

Sk Shabbir

Options
2023-12-27 05:31:21

Hi @SkTech 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

SkTech wrote

@Clive_A 

In the VIGI Network setting page, I selected the Port aggregation on the network and selected the switch as Static LAG. I didn't connect to the Omada router but from the switch itself.

Question to you, if there is no aggregation support, then why are two ports present in the VIGI NVR, in the Network setting, there are three below options:-

1. Port Aggregation

2. Failover

3. Individual Network setting

In the past, I configured the third-party NVR to the Omada switches, using the STATIC LAG, and never encountered any issues.

Regards.

Sk Shabbir

I checked this mode in the lab and it supports the LAG. But it seems the model we have in the lab is broken. If you are in a hurry to get this resolved, please contact us by email with details.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-20 16:34:17

@Clive_A 

Is there any progress on testing the Port Aggregation for VIGI NVR4032H 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 4

Related Articles