Vigi NVR1008H Smart detection not working

2023-12-26 18:17:31 - last edited 2024-02-20 08:48:49
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 230609 Rel.43669n

Hello, 

I have a setting with 3 Vigi V C540 connected on the lan connector from 3 diffrent eap 225 ourtdoor. I was running it with a SD card. All was running fine smart detection was working. But my customer wants a 24h survailence + detection of person and cars. This is not really possible with a SD card to less storage. So I take the Vigi NVR 1008H with 4TB, connected all cameras to the NVR. 

Now I have problems with smart detection on the NVR. The Basic detection on the NVR is working but with basic I have a lot of problems during rain or snow --> smart detection 

But smart detection on the NVR is detecting nothing. The smart detection on the cam with the SD card is working. 

The NVR has higher sensitiv values for cars and human but no detection. 

Arming Schedule is 24h active.

I cant find the problem why the NVR smart detect is not working. Some stream setting problems???

Maybe someone has informations for me.

Kind Regards 

Enrico 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Vigi NVR1008H Smart detection not working -Solution
2023-12-29 12:26:55 - last edited 2023-12-29 17:44:34

@Enno I wrote a topic in relation to this issue and I am currently still wating a response. It seems that the VIGI APP is setting the smart events on the camera itself and not the NVR. If you set the smart events on the VIGI APP and not the NVR you wont get any notications or alerts, if you set the smart events using the NVR then all will work as it should.

Clear off the smart events using the VIGI APP and reset them again on the NVR to avoid duplication.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Vigi NVR1008H Smart detection not working
2023-12-27 05:37:02

Hi @Enno 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Config on your NVR. Gotta check if you have followed the User Guide configured properly.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-27 19:47:52

@Clive_A 

I tested with other stream settings. Since I changed from VBR to CBR with bitrate 3072 it working goodand stable ! Maybe the varius stream ( VBR) forced problems with smart detection??

Regards 

Enno

Options
Re:Vigi NVR1008H Smart detection not working -Solution
2023-12-29 12:26:55 - last edited 2023-12-29 17:44:34

@Enno I wrote a topic in relation to this issue and I am currently still wating a response. It seems that the VIGI APP is setting the smart events on the camera itself and not the NVR. If you set the smart events on the VIGI APP and not the NVR you wont get any notications or alerts, if you set the smart events using the NVR then all will work as it should.

Clear off the smart events using the VIGI APP and reset them again on the NVR to avoid duplication.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-29 19:26:13

@iTrim Thanks for sharing your infos. 

You are right it working like your advise. But this is confuse. When I set it up in the App under NVR it is not working but when I set it up on my workstation about IP access its working... Maybe the next update will fix this. 

@iTrim Do you have a answer for my second question? I cant get an playback over IP connection. I have not a live modus just a preview. Or is this just possible when I work directly with the NVR with mous and monitor? 

Options
2024-01-01 14:47:32 - last edited 2024-01-01 14:52:01

@Enno 

New update for VIGI NVR1004H-4P Update Logs2023-12-27

New features and enhancements:
1.Added support for playback on the NVR web. << This is what you are looking for?
2.Added support for more smart event detections.
3.Added support for more configurations for the VIGI IPCs.
4.Added support for IP restriction feature for devices accessing the NVR.
5.Added support for email alerts when event detection triggered.
6.Added support for SRTP when used with the VIGI Camera.
7.Optimized third-party camera compatibility.
8.Enhanced device security.
9.Added support for limiting the maximum retention time of recordings.
10.Added support for one-click disarming.
11.Optimized NVR Web UI.
12.Added password protection for recording on disks.

Bug fixed:
Fixed some minor bugs.

Note:
1.Only single-channel playback is supported at a time on NVR web.

Bug fixed:
Fixed some minor bugs. (what are these bugs?)

Options
2024-01-01 17:12:34

@iTrim 

This is what Im looking for!! Where do you find this firmware? 

The last firmware on the website is this on the picture. 

Is there a special developer site where I can find this?

And in my case I need it for the 1008h

Options
2024-01-01 17:34:38

@Enno 

I currently have two NVR's running - at two different locations.

One is the NVR1004H-4P and the other is the same as you 1008h

The update seems to only be for NVR1004H-4P, maybe the 1008h nvr hopefully soon.

I do not see any disarm button on the VIGI APP yet and you have to disarm using the NVR via EVENT > Disarming

There is a new smart frame setting that can be applied to NVR or IPC that seems to be picking up large objects once it's turned on

Video encoding H.265+ and H.264+ now available

The Font for the OSD has also changed for the better more modern feel

*New Smart Event Detection

Loitering Detection

Abnormal Sound Detection

Smart Frame

Options
2024-01-01 18:11:31

@iTrim 

that Sounds interesting. So we looking forward to get this feature with the next update on the 1008h. 

thanks for your Infos! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 8

Related Articles