NVR1104H-4P firmware v1.0.3 update no longer works with 3rd Party ONVIF IP cameras

NVR1104H-4P firmware v1.0.3 update no longer works with 3rd Party ONVIF IP cameras

2023-12-29 09:16:05 - last edited 2024-02-20 08:48:08
Model: VIGI NVR1104H-4P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0.3 Build 231224 Rel.53452n

Just a heads up, please ignore the Model I have selected from the drop-down above. For some reason, the 'NVR1104H-4P' NVR is not in the available list.

I have a POE Sunell IP camera connected to my NVR, It does support ONVIF. I just updated to the latest firmware for the NVR and now the camera is no longer showing an image. The NVR is the “NVR1104H-4P”. It was showing an image for the camera and working as expected before updating the firmware.

Please assist me as to what is going on.

The firmware it is on now is 'v1.0.3 Build 231224 Rel.53452n'. The firmware that was working fine was version 1.0.2.

There is definitely a bug in this firmware that needs to be checked out ASAP.

Perhaps I can downgrade to the previous NVR firmware version?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:NVR1104H-4P firmware v1.0.3 update no longer works with 3rd Party ONVIF IP cameras
2024-01-02 01:48:20

Hi @Gene334 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Have you tried to add the camera after the removal?

2. If you have not done 1., then have you tried to roll back the firmware and verify the previous firmware can support that? So this way you can basically confirm it would relate to the firmware update.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:NVR1104H-4P firmware v1.0.3 update no longer works with 3rd Party ONVIF IP cameras
2024-01-02 06:52:55

@Clive_A Hi

I have attached an image of 3 screens from what the NVR shows me. It should hopefully help to explain the issue. So please have a look at it.

I can see the ONVIF camera on the network just fine, but when I add the camera to the NVR and put in the password camera's password, it says not connected. It then shows a message on the screen saying: "no network video".

The ONVIF camera is definitely powered and working, as I can see it in some other software I have that is also using ONVIF.

The same problem happens whether I add the ONVIF camera directly through the NVR software or the Vigi iPhone app, and removing the ONVIF IP camera from the NVR and adding it back results in the same issue.

As you can see in the images, I have another camera that is a "Vigi C340", but that is working perfectly with no issues.

I have tried to roll back the firmware of the "NVR1104H-4P" NVR but I seem to not be able to. I downloaded the previous versions, and firmware, put it on a flash drive, plugged it into the NVR and started the firmware update from that old firmware "bin" file, but it says it was unsuccessful. I guess I am unable to do a rollback of the firmware version. Is there another way to do a rollback?

Either way this looks to be a bug with the system, and should not require me to roll back any firmware.

File:
Adding_an_onvif_camera.jpgDownload
Options