TL-R605, replace my Eero router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-29 10:25:15 - last edited 2023-12-29 14:00:26
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hi everyone. First Post so here goes. I have just bought a TL-605. I am hoping to put this in place of my Eero wi-fi router. Is this possible? Does it have built in WiFi?

Many thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-R605, replace my Eero router.-Solution
2023-12-29 13:29:25 - last edited 2023-12-29 14:00:26

DaveWillow wrote

@MisterW 

So, if I'm correct, I could use the Eero for Wi-Fi and link it to the TL-R605, via one of the WAN ports? I could then use one of the other WAN ports for my switch. Is there any available instructions on how to achieve this?

@DaveWillow yes you can use it for Wifi but you link one of the LAN ports on the ER605 to the Eero.

You set the Eero to Bridge mode and then connect it to the ER605. In bridge mode I dont think it matters which ethernet port you use on the Eero but it must be connected to a LAN port on the ER605. The Eero will then just provide the Wifi.

there is instructions but this forum doesnt seem to allow external links to be posted so I suggest googling 'bridge eero' and the first result should be to the post on the  support-dot-eero-dot-com  site entitled 'how do I bridge my eero'.

Hope that helps

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-R605, replace my Eero router.
2023-12-29 10:34:20

@DaveWillow 

No it doesnt.
I'm not sure why you wish to replace the Eero ? but you could still use it just for Wifi by 'bridging' it to the ER605

Options
2023-12-29 11:16:23

@MisterW 

Firstly, thank you for your reply, much appreciated. When I got my Eero router, UPNP was on by default. I did a 'Shields Up' test from here: www.grc.com. There were around 45 ports that were closed but not stealthed. When I contacted them, I was told basically that they sold the router with functionality in mind, not security. I've also had other network problems with it. So, if I'm correct, I could use the Eero for Wi-Fi and link it to the TL-R605, via one of the WAN ports? I could then use one of the other WAN ports for my switch. Is there any available instructions on how to achieve this?

Once again, many thanks.

Options
Re:TL-R605, replace my Eero router.-Solution
2023-12-29 13:29:25 - last edited 2023-12-29 14:00:26

DaveWillow wrote

@MisterW 

So, if I'm correct, I could use the Eero for Wi-Fi and link it to the TL-R605, via one of the WAN ports? I could then use one of the other WAN ports for my switch. Is there any available instructions on how to achieve this?

@DaveWillow yes you can use it for Wifi but you link one of the LAN ports on the ER605 to the Eero.

You set the Eero to Bridge mode and then connect it to the ER605. In bridge mode I dont think it matters which ethernet port you use on the Eero but it must be connected to a LAN port on the ER605. The Eero will then just provide the Wifi.

there is instructions but this forum doesnt seem to allow external links to be posted so I suggest googling 'bridge eero' and the first result should be to the post on the  support-dot-eero-dot-com  site entitled 'how do I bridge my eero'.

Hope that helps

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-29 14:00:05 - last edited 2023-12-29 14:01:05

@MisterW 

This is great! Thank you for taking the time to help me, it's very much appreciated. 

Once again, many thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 4

Related Articles