EAP 110 - SSID Isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP 110 - SSID Isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP 110 - SSID Isolation
EAP 110 - SSID Isolation
2024-01-02 11:06:50 - last edited 2024-01-02 11:08:53
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I have just purchased two EAP 110 for my house. I will be setting them up locally (without controller)

I will be using two SSID's on each AP (guest, home) 

My question is regarding SSID isolation... I don't want devices connected to 'guest' to be able to communicate with devices connected to 'home'

Would enabling SSID isolation on the 'guest' SSID solve this? or would it just not allow devices connected to that SSID (guest) to communicate between each other?

Just trying to figure out whether I will need to go down the VLAN route instead.

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP 110 - SSID Isolation
2024-01-03 07:16:22

Hi @joshyp,

Yes, you need the controller and the Omada Gateway to set the VLAN to separate the SSID network.

If you would like to use Omada Gateway + EAP only to achieve the multi-nets network, you may refer to these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Wired Network > LAN, set 4 VLAN interfaces and choose the corresponding ports for them, set different VLAN IDs.

2. Got to Device List, choose the Router device, you will see a Details window pops up, Click on Ports, choose the corresponding PVID for the ports.

3. After adopting the Omada EAP, you may go to Settings > Wireless Networks > WLAN, enable VLAN for the different SSIDs.

Now you will see the different clients connecting to the different SSIDs wiil be in the different VLANs.

4. Setting the ACL to separate two SSIDs, you may refer to this article:

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Essence Posts Summary — Omada Configuration Videos (VPN, VLAN, ACL-Related)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-03 10:08:41
Hi, thanks for your reply! I will be using a web browser to set the EAPs up (without omada controller) Does this make a difference to the setup? Also, am I correct in saying that if I have have SSID isolation enabled on both access points, whatever access point a client(s) are connected to they will be invisible to each other?
Options
2024-01-04 01:35:20

Hi @joshyp

joshyp wrote

Hi, thanks for your reply! I will be using a web browser to set the EAPs up (without omada controller) Does this make a difference to the setup?

You just need to set the VLAN on the router correctly and type in the corresponding VLAN ID on the EAP, it will be OK.

Also, am I correct in saying that if I have have SSID isolation enabled on both access points, whatever access point a client(s) are connected to they will be invisible to each other?

After enabling SSID Isolation, the devices connected in the same SSID cannot communicate with each other. However, it can not block the communication among different SSIDs.

So you're not entirely right, once the clients are connected to different SSIDs, they are not completely isolated. Only the VLAN can achieve that.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 3

Related Articles