How to export recording as a single file on VIGI NVR?

2024-01-03 16:47:27 - last edited 2024-01-04 03:34:28

When I export recordings, they are saved on my pen drive as small little clips. How do I export the recording as a single file?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to export recording as a single file on VIGI NVR?
2024-01-04 03:34:20 - last edited 2024-01-04 03:37:18

Hi @SMKxx1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What you see in the recordings is what format of files you get from the exporting.

There is no way to integrate them into one file and export.

I don't understand why you ask for a feature like this. Why? Then what is the point? If you set to cut them into clips.

The NVR can be set to record a long-time video and avoid small clips. Tried to change your settings? If you can avoid scattered clips, why not choose to record them in long-time video format?

And not to mention this shows very little knowledge in the encoding. The NVR would not be equipped with a powerful chipset and get superb performance, if you need to get all the clips compressed into one large file, it would also take the performance to process it.

This sounds like too demanding for the hardware of the device.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:How to export recording as a single file on VIGI NVR?
2024-03-25 04:04:23
Is there a way we can download a block of video of 1 hour duration in clips in one go? If so, how can we do it? When I tried using the Vigil Window App, it only allows 5 mins per clip which is fine but it will be good if we can drag the timeline to say 1 hour of the video at one go and then it will download in 5 mins per clip for 12 clips of the one hour video. Please advise
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 178

Replies: 2

Related Articles