Do I need to create a Gateway ACL in OC200 to block WAN Inbound?

2024-01-07 04:57:57
Tags: #Security
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.12.9

I was looking through the examples of Gateway ACL rules and it isn't clear if by default the OC200 blocks all WAN traffic while also monitoring for all of the attacks enabled in the attack defense.   In my previous Network Gateways there was an explicit rule set.   

I don't have any inbound routes configured, so I would assume that the Gateway Attack Defense monitoring is protecting itself?  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Do I need to create a Gateway ACL in OC200 to block WAN Inbound?
2024-01-07 06:40:19

@Slapp39 

What did the actual log in Alert/Event show? If those packets already dropped, I don't think it's a problem to setup extra ACL to deal with it.

Options
Re:Do I need to create a Gateway ACL in OC200 to block WAN Inbound?
2024-01-08 14:07:09

@YuukiA I deleted the one error I saw, but it was something like "Gateway rejected ping from XYZ"   It appeared to be one of the checks from the Settings --> Network Security -->Attack Defense --> Block Ping from WAN.    Which is great.  Also, since i have no "routes" configured the Gateway shouldn't pass anything on.   So to touch on the original question.  With 2 previous Gateway/Firewalls, I had to explicitly add in a rule that said to block traffic from WAN --> LAN.   But in this case I think I am covered.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 2

Tags

Security
Related Articles