EAP225 lost configuration
EAP225 lost configuration
2024-01-17 14:40:55
Tags: #lost configuration
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.7

Hello,

I'm here because recently my device (used by a customer) totally lost its configuration. He sent me back the device, it seem to work well. At startup, it asked me to configure acount, etc.

My customer did not press reset button or have acces to the configuration page.

I re-configured it and update the firmware, but I'm affraid it could happen again.

I think there is some problems with the way TP-LINK handle his flash memory, the same problem happenned me twice on a TPLINK 4G modem (Archer MR600).

Could someone explain that ? I know it's not industrial grade but it's supposed to work outdoors, so I don't understand.
The device is stored in a box, and used few weeks a year.

Thank you

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP225 lost configuration
2024-01-18 06:53:40

Hi @romainv

May I double confirm the specific issue from you:
1. How did you power up the EAP225-Outdoor?
How did you manage it? In standalone mode or controller mode?

2. Is the device getting hot?

3. Is there any change in the auto-reset frequency of the device? Is there a pattern?

4. What is the installation environment of the EAP225-Outdoor?
When did you buy it and where did you buy it?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-18 08:23:42

@Hank21 Hello, thanks for your answer

1. The device is powered with a  LiFePO4 12V battery and DC-DC TRACO-POWER 24V directly on the Ethernet of the device.

I configured once through the web interface (so standalone mode?)

2. I was not here when it lost its configuration, but it was not in extreme weather conditions. In usage now, the device is warm but it seems ok.

3. It happened only once on my EAP225.

4. Used outside on a standalone system for data recording, so generally on good weather conditions.
Used few weeks a year, and everything is then stored in a case.

Bought it ~Q1 2021 (I don't find the original order, I'll try to get it).

It's a EAP225 V3.0

Options
2024-01-19 01:28:28

Hi @romainv,

Thanks for such detailed information. It is hard to locate this device has a hardware issue since we can't rule out this is only an occasional phenomenon. Please keep watching this device and check whether the auto-reset will happen again, and note that if the WiFi SSID of the EAP is back to tplink_XXX(the default one), it may mean the EAP is reset.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
a week ago

@Hank21 I am having the same problem. The Eap225 outdoor is resetting during the night everyday. I can't find anything wrong with the stand alone setup. do you have any advice?

Options
a week ago

bfh42 wrote

@Hank21 I am having the same problem. The Eap225 outdoor is resetting during the night everyday. I can't find anything wrong with the stand alone setup. do you have any advice?

Hi @bfh42 

May I confirm when did this issue happen? It happened when you first use it or it had been worked properly for a while? Please try to change the cables, and upgrade to the latest firmware of EAP. If the EAP will still reset automatically, please confirm the hardware and firmware version of your EAP225-Outdoor.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 5

Tags

lost configuration
Related Articles