IP-Mac-Binding feature broken

2024-01-27 08:08:22 - last edited 2024-01-27 09:23:19

Currently the IP-MAC-Binding feature stopped working for me. The bindings no longer show up in the arp table of my router. 

Context
Im running the Omada sdn Controller: 5.13.23 (Using the docker file from https://github.com/mbentley/docker-omada-controller) together with a router ER605 V2.0 Firmware 2.2.3 Build 20231201 Rel.32918. I think I was running version 5.9.9 before I upgraded to 5.13.22 and than upgraded today to 5.13.23. 

Situation
I have setup a IP-MAc-Binding in the controller like this and made sure the enabled checkbox is turned on (not on the screenshot)

Until the upgrade I was able to connect with vpn to my netwerk and send a wake on lan (wol) package to my pc. This stopped worked after the upgrade. When I setup a terminal session with the router itself I also no longer show the static arp entry:

So I assume the configuration is not deployed to the router anymore. I editted, disabled and enabled the mac-ip-binding rule, but it still doesn't work. When I check the deploy status it also no longer shows the ip-mac-binding feature in the list:

Am I missing something or is this a bug? 

I also tried downgrading the controller, but than it won't start in order to prevent data loss. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:IP-Mac-Binding feature broken
2024-01-29 08:24:37

Hi @402,

I tried to reproduce your issue on the Windows Controller v5.13.22, set an IP-MAC Binding rule, and upgraded the controller to v5.13.23, I still see the original IP-MAC Binding rule in the list, it is working.

Could you go to IP-MAC Binding list to check whether the rule you originally created is still listed here?

Can you confirm whether this issue can be reproduced stably?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-29 11:01:43 - last edited 2024-01-29 11:02:57

Hi Hank 21, The original IP-MAC binding rule is still in the controller. So the interface still shows it. The problem is though that the arp table of the router no longer shows it. So the IP-MAC binding in the interface seems to be no longer being applied to the arp table of the router.

I'm running it btw on linux though, but I'm not sure if that is a problem. 

Options
2024-01-30 02:10:36

Hi @402,

402 wrote
Situation

So I assume the configuration is not deployed to the router anymore. I editted, disabled and enabled the mac-ip-binding rule, but it still doesn't work. When I check the deploy status it also no longer shows the ip-mac-binding feature in the list:

So the IP-MAC binding rule is still listed in the Application Result, am I correct?

Which device did you set for the IP-MAC binding? Did it obtain the IP address normally?

Did you reboot the Omada gateway/controller/the device for testing?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-30 08:39:40 - last edited 2024-01-30 08:44:27

@Hank21 

No not any more. It was until 5.13.22 I think, but still than the arp table was not having the entry, so it was already broken. When I upgraded to 5.13.23 the feature IP-MAC-Binding was missing from the application result popup at all.

I configured the ip-mac-binding rule for a linux pc. Besides the ip-mac-binding rule I also have a dhcp static entry as well for the same pc. The linux pc still gets that specific ip. However the wake on lan stops working after 5 mins (If I don't use broadcast) because the entry for that pc is dropped from the arp table from the router. Previously there was a static entry for that pc in the arp table which as far as I know set by the ip-mac-binding rule in the controller.

I did reboot the docker container. Not sure if I reboot the complete machine on which the controller is running on. I will try that later today, but since I already restarted the container I don't expect there any results from to be honest.

Options
2024-02-06 06:31:16

Hi @402,

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240211069, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2024-02-07 18:56:25
Thanks!. I have received the ticket. I will reply to that.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 6

Related Articles