Two EAPs report "[EAP name] was connected"

2024-01-30 10:17:51 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:39:06
Model: EAP650-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230421 Rel. 76150

I have a total of seven EAP650s (x4 ceiling and x3 Outdoor) across a clients site and out of these there are two EAP650-Outdoor APs that regularly report "[EAP name] was connected". Some points re this:

• All seven APs are hardwired to a TP-Link PoE switch (SG3428MP)
  • All running latest firmware
  • Cable lengths are approx 20-30m, but these two are not the furthest APs from the switch. Those that are do not report this same issue
  • Theres no mention of a disconnection, only a connection (is this relevant?)

Has anyone seen this behaviour? Is it normal, and if so why is it only afecting these two APs?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Two EAPs report "[EAP name] was connected"-Solution
2024-02-11 16:07:03 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:39:06

@Hank21 I have managed to resolve this. I factory reset and re-provisioned the two APs. Once these were adopted again they have been stable ever since with no reports of disconnections.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Two EAPs report "[EAP name] was connected"
2024-01-31 06:27:40

Hello @Amoanster,

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link community!

First, you probably know that a "device was disconnected" log means that the device has lost connection with the Omada controller for more than 5 minutes. When the device is changed back to "Connected" state very quickly, the controller cannot sense its status change but will only report with "device was connected", that's why you only get one "AP was connected" log.

Generally speaking, we may get a single "device was connected" log when the device was rebooted. You can click the reboot icon on an AP from the Devices list of your Controller to have a test.

Please confirm whether EAPs are actually working properly, and check the total power consumption and the physical connection.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Two EAPs report "[EAP name] was connected"
2024-01-31 23:14:21

@Amoanster Thanks for the reply. I will check this and report back. 

Options
Re:Two EAPs report "[EAP name] was connected"-Solution
2024-02-11 16:07:03 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:39:06

@Hank21 I have managed to resolve this. I factory reset and re-provisioned the two APs. Once these were adopted again they have been stable ever since with no reports of disconnections.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 3

Related Articles