WireGuard - All Routers & Omada

2024-02-29 13:14:35 - last edited 2024-02-29 13:17:31
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

WireGuard.  TPLink can you please get your act together on this.

We spent a few hours at work the other day trying to get this sorted, we read your guides around the internet.  We gave up and setup an OpenVPN in a VM and piped it through via port forwards to save time and just get the client up and going........

Towards the end of the day we RE-READ your guide........ only to find the NOTE at the bottom about multiple peers needing to have the subnet set to 32.

We were setting 24 for the subnet and you'd add a user....... the first would work, then when you added a second it would break the whole system etc........  it was driving us crazy.  And we were testing it across two different Omada setups trying to work out what the problem was.

My SOLE POINT to my annoyance here is two things.

1.  WHY........  do you allow even putting a subnet if it doesn't work if you add more then one user????  Why not FIX IT to 32 and grey it out or have a NOTE/NOTICE!

2.  Why ........  can you not export a config......  I really dunno the difference with Ubiquity stuff but it's just easy, you do the user, export the config ...... import and your done.

So Omada based stuff needs you to grab the clients empty tunnel tag to add to the user.......  ..............

Considering this is business product and this WireGuard is actually in OFFICIAL firmwares........  WOW.  Take it as feedback to do better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 195

Replies: 0

Related Articles