My Two Cents - Omada/Routers - Requested Changes and Features
My Two Cents - Omada/Routers - Requested Changes and Features
2024-03-02 04:28:22
Tags: #wireguard
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Changes/Features Requested:

1.  Fix WireGuard:  Lock adding a users subnet to 32 so you cannot get it wrong.

2.  Fix WireGuard:  Fix how it works so you can just export the config to send to a client (same as ubiquiti has).

3.  Add the ability to resolve local names you set to local ip's.  eg.  If I want a dns name to resolve locally say.....  mygames-dot-ourhouse-dot-com 192.168.0.33 (as an example).

4.  Add the ability to resolve names on a port forwarding level......  to divert different websites to different servers?

5.  DHCP Reservations.  The ability to set custom DNS servers.

6.  What is SSL VPN? .. Is that OpenVPN?  If so just call it OpenVPN!

7.  Do everything possible to ensure no interruption to internet!  This includes updating Port Forwards......

8.  Provide more basic information on the dashboard like Ubiqiti's....... which so things like a rough graph of how downloads are being utilised like for Windows Updates, Social Media etc.

9.  Improve latency control.  Have your engineers utilise all the features of your omada system and note the effect on latency ....  eg.  If you enable all your firewall features, if you limit max packets allowed for DDOS Protection etc........ not the download/upload latency.  Simulate floods to the hardware to see the effect on persistant connections....  Yes this hardware may not be for gaming but you can easily see how bad it is.

10.  Just improvements to speed.

11.  Any chance of allowing apps?  Docker.......  eg so we could run Pi Hole or AdGuard or things of that nature?

12.  Improve the time for the INTERNET to come up online.  I've seen on multiple Omada Routers now.......  your wan will say connected and it will have an IP etc and the internet WILL NOT WORK FOR MINUTES!......  PfSense....... is instant ...... why is Omada Special?

I'm a fan of TPLink.......  we are rolling it out more and more at work, I have it at home etc.......  Just needs a few more things.

My main three.  The ability to specify names to resolve locally, dhcp reservations specify custom dns, wireguard fixes and to ensure nothing interrupts internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 75

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

wireguard