TP-Link TL-SG3428MP Cant adopt by controller

2024-03-03 14:57:23 - last edited 2024-03-06 01:06:41
Model: TL-SG3428MP  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, Im trying to adopt switch with my Omada controller. But it is not possible..Im getting "ADOPT FAILED" all the time. Not sure what to do now. Please can somebody help me?
Thank you!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TP-Link TL-SG3428MP Cant adopt by controller-Solution
2024-03-04 09:09:32 - last edited 2024-03-06 01:07:07

Hi @bystry 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.Thanks for posting in our business forum.

bystry wrote

@Clive_A Thank you for help! That was my first idea to reset switch to factory settings and try to connect / adopt it again. Unfortunately I dont have Serial cable so Im waiting for usb adapter. The only DHCP server is omada router. Can I somehow double check it in Omada Controller? Is there any instruction how to reset switch on Linux machine? Thank you again for help!

So I'd recommend you follow what I said. No need to reset it now. When you reboot it, it'll send a DHCP request. So, let's see what IP it gets while your cable is under shipment.

I don't assume it is a problem with the controller or the router yet.

What is the error you have when you adopt it? This FAQ basically answers all the possible causes for it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-05 18:26:14 - last edited 2024-03-06 01:06:41

@Clive_A thanks a lot! I used serial port to reset switch and it is working again. We can close this topic. Thank you all

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-SG3428MP Cant adopt by controller
2024-03-03 18:41:11

@bystry 

it looks like the switch has a public ip, try to connect it to the correct network

Options
2024-03-03 18:50:45

@MR.S  thank you for help. To be honest I cant do nothing when Im clicking on switch. Until its not adopted there is no any options on switch 

Options
2024-03-03 19:17:14

@bystry 

connect switch to same network as the other stuff. router should get ip from dhcp server, 

Options
2024-03-03 20:02:56
Hmm..but its connected to same network. I have router, than cable is going to switch and all devices are plugged into my switch
Options
2024-03-04 07:59:06

Hi @bystry 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Reboot the switch to get the DHCP IP from the router's DHCP server.

Do you have another DHCP server in the LAN to respond to the DHCP request?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-04 08:17:00

@Clive_A Thank you for help! That was my first idea to reset switch to factory settings and try to connect / adopt it again. Unfortunately I dont have Serial cable so Im waiting for usb adapter. The only DHCP server is omada router. Can I somehow double check it in Omada Controller? Is there any instruction how to reset switch on Linux machine? Thank you again for help!

Options
2024-03-04 09:09:32 - last edited 2024-03-06 01:07:07

Hi @bystry 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.Thanks for posting in our business forum.

bystry wrote

So I'd recommend you follow what I said. No need to reset it now. When you reboot it, it'll send a DHCP request. So, let's see what IP it gets while your cable is under shipment.

I don't assume it is a problem with the controller or the router yet.

What is the error you have when you adopt it? This FAQ basically answers all the possible causes for it.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-04 10:56:22

@Clive_A Thank you for response.

I was getting: "Device adoption failed, device does not respond to adoption functions." 

I cant get access to router so by reboot you mean unplug cable between router and switch and turn off power from switch, turn it on again and plug to router using cable? I will do it today after going back to home

Options
2024-03-04 18:23:16

@Clive_A ok so I unplugged switch, restarted it and I plugged it again. Nothing happened. Same IP, Same error.. I'm stuck and I have no ide what to do...

Options
2024-03-05 01:41:30

Hi @bystry 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

bystry wrote

@Clive_A ok so I unplugged switch, restarted it and I plugged it again. Nothing happened. Same IP, Same error.. I'm stuck and I have no ide what to do...

It seems to be that your device is set to a static IP.

Do you have any idea on how to log in to a switch via web UI? As for now, you don't have the reset cable. You probably need to manually log in to it and change the IP to dynamic IP.

After you reset/change the IP, make it dynamic and let it get an IP from the router. Then you should be good to adopt.

I have pointed out what your cause might be and what you should do. That's your direction on resolving it. On the forum, I think I don't have to repeat how to log in to a switch/router via its web UI. If you have trouble with this part, you may need to set a static IP. It's very basic. If you need a step by step guidance, refer to the User Guide with pictures. Or please call the support and do this online. It's gonna be lengthy and time-consuming if I manually type words one by one for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 11

Related Articles